Do you tell your hubby everytime you test?

bebedreamr

Reaction score
As it turns out, during the TWW I am a frequent tester.:haha:

I mentioned to my DH last night during a vent that although AF isn't due for 4 more days, I have taken multiple pregnancy tests with a result of BFN. He got upset that I didn't tell him I was testing! When I told him how many he said that it was silly of me to waste so much money on tests, and just wait until AF doesn't show.:cry: Which is precisely why I didn't tell him!

I figure that when either AF or a BFP happens he can know, but why bother otherwise?

What do you tell your husbands/boyfriends? Do they mind if you frequently test?

Haha no way!! He would kill me lol. My DH is a dr so know just how ridiculous it can be to test really early. I know deep down as well but hey ho, until he magically grows a uterus I think I will decide when to poas lol!

My advice is to buy some internet cheapies. They aren't the best but satisfy the poas urge without costing the earth.

Xxx

Not a chance lol, he moans enough at how many tests i get through once i get bfp, let alone, the amount i use from 7 dpo with every pee xx

Lol no way. My dh is another 'why not wait until you are late' guys. ..yeah right :)

Oh no! lol When he sees a charge in our card of dollar tree he freaks out and tells me to stop testing until I am late. As if! lol They just don't get it. :O

Yeah right I already get on his nerves when it comes to ttc. He wants another but men don't obsess like we do and the majority just don't understand the mental stress you're under. I only tell him if I get a positive unless he asks. If I do volunteer info about symptoms or testing but getting a BFN he just kinda says "uh huh" and that's it so no I don't tell him every time I test

Nooo, he goes mad about the OPKs and says let nature take it course, he also thinks testing early is insane and wait until your period is late then test, I am 7dpo on Saturday and we go away till Thursday, he has made me PROMISE to not take tests with me as he does not want that hanging over his head he says while we are away and just wait till we are back, its gonna be so so hard not to sneak a couple in the case

My DH knows I'm sure but we just don't talk about it. He sees the wrappers all over the place in the bathroom and I have an entire drawer full of tests. I use the internet cheapy ones so they don't cost a small fortune and that makes him happier. He thinks I should just calm down and wait it out. So far I've been so good the last three months. I waited until 7dpo to test. I'm 5dpo today and I have my nursing school graduation on Friday so I'm going to be nice and distracted this month.

I use the cheap ones as well and only go buy expensive ones if I think I see something lol I hope my holiday will keep me occupied as I know I will test before we go, but don't expect to see anything at 7dpo

He knows, but I don't know he realises how much money I spend on them lol. I only use FRERs because I don't want to get a false bfp on an ic (like I've seen countless times on here) and I test every morning with fmu from 9dpo until af shows.
Last month he asked me to stop testing so much, but I just talked to him about it... I said it makes me less anxious testing, and if I keep getting bfns, it is less of a let down than if I am not testing and keep thinking I'm pregnant, only for af to show. I also told him it's good to keep track of how many early losses we have as well... He seems to understand more now.
But I'm not going to mention that we are spending $700 on hpts a year :shhh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"