Do you temp orally? Check this out

Haylee.

Day dreamer
Reaction score
This is a diagram that came with my thermometer, and where you place that thermometer in your mouth can make a big difference.

Goodluck fellow charters. :happydance: xx

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 42
Just thought i'd add this for all who didn't know, I am still learning myself, please feel free to post any other charting tips/hints you may have xx

Wow that is a big difference if you're looking for miniscule .4-.5 deg differences! Thanks for posting it. :flower:

I try to always stick my thermometer in the same place, but this is good info! Thanks!

Hahahaha!!! Haylee we got EXACTLY the same thermometer! Did you get it from the Chemist Warehouse?

I saw this leaflet too and I took note of exactly where to place it in my mouth. Trying to put it in exactly the right place when I'm half asleep is quite challenging (and probably quite hilarious for my DH to see). How have you been going with yours?

Hahaha Hit Girl that's funny, LOVE alchemist Warehouse lol.. I'm going okay with my charting, OH thinks I'm crazy, trying to take my temp properly half asleep lol, The bit I'm struggling with is the reaching for the thermometer part, I'm worried I'll move too much and it will alter my temp :dohh:

How are you going with it all? Are you using Fertility Friend to keep track of it all? X

I use 'My Days' and it's working really well. Tomorrow morning will be my 3rd temp reading so I haven't been doing it for very long at all. I have the alarm set on my phone for the same time, early every morning. It's hard to coordinate yourself enough to turn off the alarm, grab the thermometer and then enter the numbers into the app when you're that sleepy. Not to mention putting the thermometer back in its case afterwards. (I wash it when I'm more awake.)

Im going to check "My Days" out. I've been using my Fertility Friend app as a period tracker since May, so I just used that for temps, but it Plays up sometimes so I'll check my days out, thanks.

This is my first month charting and I haven't been consistent with the time I take my temps, :dohh: but it has been good practice. Next month I'll be taking them at 5.30am every morning.

Hi ladies, figured I would put my 2 cents in on this! I too had the same diagram with my thermometer btw!

I am on month 2 of using BBT. By the end of month 1 I had the distinct up and down between O but before O I had lots of erratic temperatures and I'm not sure why. I am taking my temp orally and plan on taking it vaginally next month to see if the temps even out a bit more. The first half of the month before O my temp will go up and down a whole degree from like 97.24 all the way to 96.97!! :wacko:

I am a major dork and used excel to make my own spread sheet for my temps ie: CD, date, temp, CM, and notes hehe! However, I am using countdowntopregnancy.com to keep track of it all and actually put it into a chart!

Good luck with your charting, it's not always easy especially on Saturday morning and all you want to do is sleep in and *beep beep beep* goes the 5am alarm to temp!! :haha:LOL

YouandMe, I LOVE that you have made an Excel spreadsheet! :mrgreen:

I can also relate to the alarm going off early on a Saturday morning. I have enough trouble putting the thermometer in my mouth while I'm half asleep, let alone my lady-flower. How will you manage that?? :haha:

Don't know what all those erratic temp changes are about. I've had some as well. Do you do much before you temp? (Get up, walk around, talk.)

HitGirl, my SO thought I was nuts when I made the excel sheet but I couldn't help it!:haha: lol and I must say I love looking over them for some reason! :blush:

As far as figuring out how to put a thermometer near my lady bits at 5am is beyond me! I don't get up or move around at all, the thermometer is right next to my bed w/ a pen and pad of paper. I don't talk or move other than grabbing it and sticking it in my mouth....so I don't know why my temps are so all over the place. Like I said there is a definite change before and after O so I guess that's all that counts right? LOL :shrug:

You're not nuts at all. In fact, that's something I would do. :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think you're right. As long as there's a difference before and after O. This morning my temp was significantly lower (this is my first month of temping) so we'll see how it is tomorrow morning. Do you have a smartphone? There are some great apps into which you can punch all the numbers.

Ugggh I totally screwed my charting this month! My dog chewed my thermometer in it's case :dohh: my puppy is teething, and don't ask me how she managed to get it off my kitchen bench in the 5 mins I wasn't looking LOL.. I've missed a few temps :dohh: so I'm just going to wait for the :witch: as I am cd 31 and move on to next month with a new thermometer and strict charting, goodluck ladies, love the excel idea :haha: x

Oh no!!! A chewed thermometer isn't the best thermometer. Back to The Chemist Warehouse!

Do you really feel your AF coming? I usually just 'know'.

No I don't feel her coming, that's what is a little worrying.. And a bfn didn't help lol POAS anonymous. Cd 25 I had ewcm and my bb's have been tender since then like they have been after Oing lately so I could be expecting the bitch late as cd 35.. I'm sort of gettIng used to the waiting game.. But it's harsh at the same time.. I start to get crampy just before AF and usually bloated, looking like I'm 3 months preggas lol

Yes! Back to the chemist warehouse :haha:

Honestly, how the hell are we supposed to tell we're preggers (besides POAS)? All of my AF symptoms are exactly the same as PG ones. :shrug:

I know! Seriously me too. Why cant we just pee and it's a different colour or something. Lol sorry tmi but it would save all the limbo. :haha:

Haylee, I am the Queen of TMI. :mrgreen:

That pee changing colour thing is the best idea ever!

BnB really is the forum of tmi :rofl: love it! The lovely wonders on being a woman ehh?? And we can all come on here and talk tmi together :laugh2:

Just want you both to know I am over here cracking up!! :rofl:There SHOULD be a bigger better sign of pregnancy like purple urine or something! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->