Do you think endangered species should be left to die out?

The thing with ploughing all this money into animals like the panda though is that they'll probably NEVER come out of endangered category because theres nowhere for them to go so they'll never have good enough numbers in the wild to survive on their own without breeding programs.

& Deafgal - what relevance is a panda dying out with humans and it being bad for us?

I'm talking about any animals. There are a lot more dying out than you think if we haven't done anything about it. Not good for the ecosystem.

At least Panda don't breed so rapidly like humans.

:shrug:

Its a part of life. Humans are a stronger species unfortunately for them.

Habitat destruction is by far the biggest cause of species endangerment and we are directly responsible for that.
Pandas aren't a "weaker" species than we are - they are a highly specialized animal that has evolved to depend on bamboo forests. Re-establish and preserve bamboo forests and pandas would have a fighting chance. If we took away your food, water, shelter, I don't think you would fare so well, either.
And for the record, many many species have been brought back from the brink of extinction by extensive conservation efforts. There is just no excuse to give up. Particularly when we are 100% culpable in the first place.

https://rickrideshorses.hubpages.com/hub/The-pollution-that-turned-crocodiles-to-rubber here is a good article showing the destruction humans are causing, these crocodiles have been around for millions of years and this area had the largest population of them now they will all be dead within 20 years max due to a dam built by humans, crocodiles have lived so long infact have been around longer than us yet we manage to do this to them and they are an extreamly vital part of the eco system

completely OT but i've just seen the pandas on the news. so cute i nearly cried!

I think you should only try to save a species where the reasons for their extinction are caused by humans (eg. chopping down rainforests). If an animal is not adapting and it has nothing to do with humans then nature should be allowed to take its course.

I think it's sad that we're slowly obliterating any species that doesn't fit in with us. I do think it should be up to the countries themselves to coordinate and manage their native species though.

I think you should only try to save a species where the reasons for their extinction are caused by humans (eg. chopping down rainforests). If an animal is not adapting and it has nothing to do with humans then nature should be allowed to take its course.

Can you give an example of a species (plant or animal) whose endangerment is NOT linked to human causes? :shrug:

Can you give an example of a species (plant or animal) whose endangerment is NOT linked to human causes? :shrug:

Nope. I wasn't suggesting humans have nothing to do with most cases of animal extinction. I just think in a case where it wasn't human caused it would be the right thing to do. I am aware of our destructive nature as a species.

those that adopt an animal can i have a link please? want to do this for toby for xmas x

i think us humans feel like we should protect endangered species as for the most part, we are the reason they are endangered in the 1st place xx

i actually think action should take place BEFORE the animals are on the extinction register. if we stopped destroying everything green and leafy, stopped mining and digging for oil in mature ecosystems and stopped building on everything that doesnt move, then we might actually have a chance of preserving species of animals before they get to the critical point of being almost extinct.

i saw an ad the other day for a certain type of leopard saying there were less than 35 left in the wild. how could we let that happen :(

x

You could pose the same question for natural illnesses, should we just let those people die without intervention......could it not be the natural way of population control?

I know thats controversial but its the same kind of question IMO.

You could pose the same question for natural illnesses, should we just let those people die without intervention......could it not be the natural way of population control?

I know thats controversial but its the same kind of question IMO.

By natural illnesses do you mean cancer etc? IE- lung cancer caused by smoking vs ovarian cancer with no apparent 'cause'? x

I'm not really being specific just any naturally occurring illnesses. I am sure if i mention something specific someone would identify how its not a naturally occurring disease.

I'm not a doctor but cancer comes to mind, as does diabetes, tumors etc.

I'm not saying i don't think we should intervine with endangered species or with illnesses.
I thought it would be an interesting point to make to those that share the view of letting endangered species die out naturally.....

I think that if the species has been made endangered by the hands of the human race then we should help, it's not fair really is it! But if they are dying out naturally then maybe it is best to leave them, who knows they could start to adapt and thrive again x

I'm not really being specific just any naturally occurring illnesses. I am sure if i mention something specific someone would identify how its not a naturally occurring disease.

I'm not a doctor but cancer comes to mind, as does diabetes, tumors etc.

I'm not saying i don't think we should intervine with endangered species or with illnesses.
I thought it would be an interesting point to make to those that share the view of letting endangered species die out naturally.....

Well I partly agree with this but a lot of the time, although the illness is natural, it is caused un-naturally like by smoking or being exposed to radiation etc.

I think as a human race we have adapted and evolved to beable to treat illnesses, whether they are cured or not. But with the animals, those who are endangered by not being able to adapt etc, they haven't adapted/evolved and can't do what we do like send money to those in poverty etc, causing them to naturally die out. If we hadn't adapted and created medicine then the human race would be significantly smaller and maybe even verging extinction, thats naturally how all things work but those species that can adapt or evolve pull through. I hope that makes sense lol! x

Most endangered animals are endangered by humans if thats the case they need saved if natural then no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->