Do you think gender wise.. boys weigh more at birth than girls?

xloulabellex

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Was thinking oohh I was 5lb Xoz... mum was 5lbs, Xoz (can't remember exactly)

Maybe MINE will be too... (although I know it doesn't work that way)

However, i'm having a boy.. think that matters?! All the "my baby was only 5/6lbs" stories.. have all been girls.. hmm...

Anyone had a small boy? xxx

I think it more depends on other factors such as how long before the due date the baby was born. People I know who have had 5 pound babies gave birth a little bit premature. Boys and Girls both. Also there are factors like how good the mothers diet was and if she was smoking or not, and if she had any condition that restricted growth in the uterus. And the size of the mother and father probably makes some difference too.

I think if you take two lots of babies born at the same gestation, boys on average are apparently slightly heavier than girls but it isn't a significant difference.

I think it more depends on other factors such as how long before the due date the baby was born. People I know who have had 5 pound babies gave birth a little bit premature. Boys and Girls both. Also there are factors like how good the mothers diet was and if she was smoking or not, and if she had any condition that restricted growth in the uterus. And the size of the mother and father probably makes some difference too.

I think if you take two lots of babies born at the same gestation, boys on average are apparently slightly heavier than girls but it isn't a significant difference.

Okay, thanks. :)

Sayin that tho my SIL in has 3 boys 6lb 15, 4lb 15 and 6lb 3. The 4lb 15 was becoz she had pre eclampsia but he was only a week early so that stunted his growth. However me n OH had a 9lb 12 boy. I also know someone who had a 10lb 8 baby girl, she was 2 days late! so it really does all vary depending on woman to woman lol

My daughter was not even 6 lbs but at 5lbs and 13 oz and 18 1/4 inches she was considered big at 35 weeks.

So far my boys have out weighed my girls, my last son was 10lb 2oz

A girl I know has just had a 10lb 10oz baby girl so I really think it takes other factors into account rather than the just the sex x

It more depends on gestation and how much mummy has been eating x

Depends on gestation and other things.

Mine:
DD #1 -4lbs 10oz 17" born at 35w2d
DD #2 -6lbs 6oz 18.5" born at 39w4d
DS -6lbs 1oz 18.25" born at 38w5d

Sayin that tho my SIL in has 3 boys 6lb 15, 4lb 15 and 6lb 3. The 4lb 15 was becoz she had pre eclampsia but he was only a week early so that stunted his growth. However me n OH had a 9lb 12 boy. I also know someone who had a 10lb 8 baby girl, she was 2 days late! so it really does all vary depending on woman to woman lol

Ahh phew! At least it's gender-irrelevant then cos I was thinking "Oh great, another thing!!" lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->