Do you think I can see my regular dr for this?

hopingforit

Reaction score
For a few weeks, I've been having stabbing in one breast so I called the gynecologist who phoned in a prescription for yeast infection meds. I should have but didn't mention on the phone that I have painful lump on my areola under the skin. I figured it would go away on its own but it starte out very small and has gotten bigger. It is about the size of my nipple. It's definitely infected. I had been feeling very sick and though I might have had mastitis but that feeling went away over the weekend but the lump remained and is very painful. My issue is, I can't deal with it anymore. I'm in a lot of pain when pumping so I need to be seen for it. Would it be okay to go to my regular family dr because he has hours tomorrow and my gyn does not? I find it would be a bit awkward to go to the dr and ask him to look at my breast if it's not something he normally does. My milk production I being affected because of the pain from it and I feel sick from the pain when I pump.

Sorry for all the typos. I'm on my phone.

I would go to the dr. Better to risk being embarrassed, although you shouldn't be, than your health.

Yes, go to your doctor. It doesn't sound like something you should leave.

Yes, please go see your doctor whether it's your gynecologist or primary physician.

Thanks for the help. I ended up going and he diagnosed me with mastitis. I have a cream to put and if it isn't better in a few days, I should go back and he will check the lump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->