Do you think I missed my LH surge?

Polkadotpea

Reaction score
I came off BCP Cerazette on 1st October, and have had no bleeding yet, when my cheapie OPK's turned up on 12th October I took one and it was negative, but still quite dark, and they progressively faded down over the next few days, vie been testing 2-3 times a day since then, and I've either had very very faint lines or nothing at all, which makes me think something was happening on the first OPK's I took as they are 'different' from the rest, I'm thinking I may have missed my LH surge and if I had tested the day before the OPK may have been positive as on the 12th I had EWCM and lots of twinges.

What do you think?

I'll attach a photo of the first selection of OPKS I've done so many since then they wouldn't fit on the screen :dohh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 12
Could be but coming off the pill your hormones could fluctuate up and down for a while before you get a true positive

Thank you for your reply :) fingers crossed I did O and just missed it, last time I came off cerazette I had a breakthrough bleed and then fell pregnant later that cycle

Xx

I came off cerazette on 4th October - starting doing OPKS on the 8th and got my first positive on Sunday (20th). I had a couple of darker lines in some of my tests but nothing compared to when I got the dark line of the positive! I had loads of twinging/cramping and pulling on my left side the day before I got the positive OPK and some, but not lots of EWCM. Not sure if that helps you at all? I know things can be all over the place when stopping BCP, I guess what and see if AF arrives in the next week or so and start again next cycle?

Here's my little line up if you want to compare!! x

o.jpg

I came off cerazette on 4th October - starting doing OPKS on the 8th and got my first positive on Sunday (20th). I had a couple of darker lines in some of my tests but nothing compared to when I got the dark line of the positive! I had loads of twinging/cramping and pulling on my left side the day before I got the positive OPK and some, but not lots of EWCM. Not sure if that helps you at all? I know things can be all over the place when stopping BCP, I guess what and see if AF arrives in the next week or so and start again next cycle?

Here's my little line up if you want to compare!! x

View attachment 688191

Thank you so much for your reply and picture! It's nice to talk to someone in a similar situation. The waiting and not knowing and peeing on sticks is driving me stir crazy :dohh:

Fingers crossed for your BFP this cycle my lovely xxx

I know - I had no idea that peeing on sticks would take over my life so much! Its such a waiting game, this time last week all I was waiting for was a positive OPK and now I've had that I'm waiting to be able to POAS to get a BFP. When that doesn't happen I'll be peeing on those OPKs and waiting all over again! :dohh:

I hope you O'd before you starting testing and can get cracking next cycle hun - have you had any indication AF could be on her way?

:flower: x

When I last came off cerazette, I had a withdrawal bleed within days and although it was a long cycle I did fall pregnant with DD.

By chance we BD'D the night before I got that semi dark opk on the 12th and on the 12th, so may have covered it if I did OV the day before.

I've had cramps and twinges, I feel so so sick, I suffer with HG in pregnancy, and I've had a stuffy nose, apart from pmt I don't usually know when AF is going to turn up. I always get a cold/stuffy nose in the TWW on my other 3. But the brain is a powerful thing and could be playing tricks on me, the last 2 nights and days I've had a faint line on my OPKS which means nothing, but yesterday I drank loads and went for a wee only 30 mins after my last one and the line was the same colour.

Who knows what's going on, I just wish something would happen either way:thumbup:

Xx

I think your observations are around the mark. I think it would have helped if you started testing a couple of days earlier- maybe next cycle?

FWIW, I used OPKs for the last 3 months and never managed to catch the positive, but had a thermal shift. This last month I was determined to see it and tested 3x/day, but still nothing! For me, it was much better to use CM + BBT to track my ovulation.

Good luck!

I think your observations are around the mark. I think it would have helped if you started testing a couple of days earlier- maybe next cycle?

FWIW, I used OPKs for the last 3 months and never managed to catch the positive, but had a thermal shift. This last month I was determined to see it and tested 3x/day, but still nothing! For me, it was much better to use CM + BBT to track my ovulation.

Good luck!

Thanks for all my replies lovely ladies, I have just uploaded a pic of a HPT I took late this morning, I'm not sure If it's an evap or line?

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->