Do you think it'll be okay for a tiny bit of pate at Xmas?

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I adore pate, and always make my own chicken liver pate at Xmas. I'm planning on making some again this year, and would love to have it as Xmas dinner starter.

But I've just remembered that liver is a no-no.:cry:

Surely a slice would be okay? How much vitamin A could there be in one slice?

I wouldn't take the risk. You've not got that long to wait, you could always make a pate without the liver in it.

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/pregnancyandchildbirth/204285.html

long as your not plannin on eating the lot i think a wee slither shud be fine hun it is christmas after all!!!!

I ate a small bit of mr whippy a few weeks ago, yvanne can confirm :blush:

Tiny bit wont hurt. Had a few naughty nibbles myself.

Oh man pate is one thing ive missed badly, im going to have a teeny bit at xmas whether she's here or not lol.

As long as its only a teeny bit you should be alright, but you know its so good can you trust yourself just to have a teeny bit lol?

Let live hun , Iam sure a tiny sliver cannot harm .

I have had a few naughties a few months ago soft whip ice cream etc . xx .

Um, I eat carrots.

I highly doubt a small portion would be bad for you.

sorry to throw a spanner in the works guys but.....

Pâté
Avoid all types of pâté, including vegetable. This is because pate can contain listeria.

This is from the Food Standards Agency website.

I've chosen not to eat any at all, just my preference....

I wouldn't take the risk. You've not got that long to wait, you could always make a pate without the liver in it.

I've just said this to DH and he's suggested I make a Brussels pate instead because he thought it was made with Brussel Sprouts!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I will have to go with the pate for starter as it's so easy to make. I can then have a very small sliver.

Thanks for that link Yvanne. I've done some searching as well and it seems to be only the first trimester that Vitamin A is really risky in anyway, so a small amount of liver should be okay.

the site i found was a professional online help service, and that woman had eaten it.. an they said not to worry!

annoys me how little we can do these days while preg!

I would not take the risk, i would rather wait till after pregnancy but thats just me :)

I've just said this to DH and he's suggested I make a Brussels pate instead because he thought it was made with Brussel Sprouts!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think I will have to go with the pate for starter as it's so easy to make. I can then have a very small sliver.

Thanks for that link Yvanne. I've done some searching as well and it seems to be only the first trimester that Vitamin A is really risky in anyway, so a small amount of liver should be okay.

He'll probably regret getting you into Brussel sprouts anyway - those things can have a toxic effect at the best of times!!!:rofl:

I've heard that pate is an absolute no no during pregnancy - why don't you check with your dr / midwife? I know someone else on here was told that pate is out of the question during pregnancy by her dr who seems to be a 'just be sensible' dr about everything.

:hugs: x

Yeah, but it's not just the Vitamin A - it's the risk of Listeria from chicken liver or pork liver, even vegetable pate has this risk as pate is left to sit and 'mature' if you know what I mean, giving listeria the chance to develop. Sorry if I sound like a right battleax moaning, but I have read on the link provided that it is best to avoid it. I don't think eating it is worth the risk.

ive eaten sooo much pate since i gave birth! i wouldnt risk it whiles preg tho hun

I adore pate, and always make my own chicken liver pate at Xmas. I'm planning on making some again this year, and would love to have it as Xmas dinner starter.

I would not make a favorite! this will be toooooo tempting for you. Think, after baby is home make a whole bowl of it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Ive ate some :blush: but it was only once and it was a tiny bit on a slice of toast!! i couldnt resist!!

I would not make a favorite! this will be toooooo tempting for you. Think, after baby is home make a whole bowl of it! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

It's not just the vitamin A - it's the risk of Listeria! that's dodgy!!!

i wouldnt turn down a slice if it were offered to me its not something i eat anyway and luckily everything else that we supposed to ban aint on my menu choice either, all these do's and don'ts on everything its so british, i dont know one person who has got listeria.
its totally upto you hun, its a moderation thing and yes i agree when people say its not worth it, but when you put it in perspective we over analyse everything sometimes too much.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->