Do you think it'll be okay for a tiny bit of pate at Xmas?

Very true, each to their own. There are so many rules of what to eat and what not to eat. Some people are eating what ever they like and some aren't. I suppose it's down to personal choice - my choice is not to eat it.

Personal choice not sure how pate is made but is the chance of listeria lower if u are making it yourself ? also i am not one to talk ive been eatin runny eggs

I'm sure a little won't do any harm but will you be able to enjoy it for wondering?

I was told if u make ur own fresh pate and don't use liver than its fine- i've been searching the web for pate recipes and the other night i had ago at making some- it tasted v like liver pate- its not as lovely as normal shop bought pate but its a pretty good substitute. theres a link to the recipe on a previous link i added called 'anyone missing pate?' :p

What about the blue cheese and medium steaks too? But as others have said, I think that too much information these days makes us all a little paranoid about everything.

Personal choice not sure how pate is made but is the chance of listeria lower if u are making it yourself ? also i am not one to talk ive been eatin runny eggs

Exactly! I always thought that listeria came from keeping things at room temperature for too long, like at the deli counter. I'll be making this on Xmas eve. I'll use the same frozen chicken livers I always use, defrosting them overnight in the fridge, then cooking it in the oven, then when cooked and cooled, it'll be kept in the fridge until we eat.

I really thought that it was the Vitamin A that was the reason we were to avoid liver, not listeria. If I'd have known it was listeria, then I wouldn't have given it a second thought. I know this may sound wrong to some people, but I'm practically OCD in regards to food hygiene in the kitchen as I used to run pubs and kitchens. I have proper catering boards, all colour coded. My kitchen is spotless. I clean down the surfaces with anti-bacterial spray at least once an hour when I'm at home. My hands are red-raw sometimes with all the washing and scrubbing I do!!

There's a one in 30,000 chance of a pregnant woman catching listeria, and I should imagine that the majority of these were from shop-bought items, or due to poor home hygiene.

That's settled it, pate for me at Xmas.

I really thought that it was the Vitamin A that was the reason we were to avoid liver, not listeria. If I'd have known it was listeria, then I wouldn't have given it a second thought. QUOTE]

Listiria and vit A are both issues with pate. Vit A is the main problem with pate containig liver- coz liver contains really high levels of vit A. home made pate with no liver in it is fine tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->