Do you think physical job = earlier labor?

babytimeee

Reaction score
Curious. My daughter was born on her due date, and I'm 36w1d with baby #2. I was practically a couch potato the entire pregnancy with my daughter. With little man I am working shipping and receiving and am bending and lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs a lot. Do you think an active job leads to an earlier labor? Today I've had nonstop stabbing/pinching in my cervix. Hoping I'm starting to dilate. :shrug:

Don't know for sure but I hope so as I am working full time, still on my feet all day and am having bh/ false labor.

Nope, I had to stop work early the first time and didn't get too much exercise and my son was born at 38 weeks. This time I'm much more active, especially running after my toddler and I'm not 39 weeks and no baby yet.

My mother served in the military when she was pregnant with my sister and me, and went to 42 weeks and was induced with both of us. I think each pregnancy and woman is different. :flower:

Nope, don't think there is any correlation.

I am a fitness instructor and worked pretty much right up until my due date with my daughter, on top of walking 2-3 miles a day. She was 7 days overdue!

I think it really just depends on your body.

When your body is ready then been active can definitely help the process along. But otherwise I don't think an active job will bring on labour.

with my son i was a couch potato and just went to school and had him at 41+5. now with my daughter i was taken out of work yesterday because of contractions and what not at 29+2

No, I worked up until 41 weeks with my daughter. I went in to be induced at 41+2.

I walked an hour a day when I was pregnant with DD and I had her at 40+2. I also read that being physically active actually reduces you risk of preterm birth. Of course exercising to the point of exhaustion would not be recommended.

I do a pretty physical job in a clothes shop taking delivery in, running around (up to 37 weeks lol) lifting, bending... I went into labour at 39+4 just a week after my maternity leave started lol

As other ladies have said, there is not correlation.

I worked as a waitress when pregnant with DS1. On my feet for hours a day, carrying heavy trays, etc. I was checked at 38 weeks and was 2 cm, was told I would go any day so I had my work take me off the schedule as I didn't want to go into labor while there. I still didn't have him by the time I was 41 weeks and was induced.

This time, job was also physically demanding, moving furniture and what not. I didn't deliver the merchandise but I did have to help move it around the showroom. I ended up being put on bedrest at 36 weeks, and had him at 39+1.

I was also more physically active (I ran/exercised) with DS1, but not with DS2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->