Do You Think Stress Effects TTC? :(

MrsKitty

Reaction score
Do you think stress can really effect ttc? I am having a rubbish time of things at the moment and feeling pretty stressed. I am getting myself away from the situation causing it but that in itself is stressful! I am always thankful that home life is great and holds me together but I am worried what impact the stress is having on ttc. :cry:

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rubbish time at the moment :hugs:

Personally, I think women get pregnant all the time in stressful situations. For me, I have a very stressful job from which there's no getting away from (for right now at least!). We live in recessionary times and I seriously doubt anybody's life is stress-free. Women with financial worries and stressful jobs, as well as difficult home lives, still manage to get pregnant, so try not to worry.

I think stressing about TTC is more likely to lead to lack of conception than stress about other things, but that's just my opinion. Sometimes my other stresses takes my mind off my "symptoms" in the TWW, which is actually a welcome stress LOL!

That said, if you can get away from this stressful situation, then absolutely do. I hope your stressful situation gets resolved soon.

^^^
Agreed. I think the role is minor, especially if you think how many babies are born to mothers who are in stressful situations....living in poverty, victims of violence, etc.

Maybe I am just looking for reassurance! You do not want anything to impact on what is something that is already out of your control to a certain extent. Yeah as you have pointed out woman in the worst stressful situations get pregnant. Maybe I am just looking for something else to blame for things not happening quick enough, I am so impatient yet still at the beginning of my ttc journey. Thanks for listening :blush:

I fell pregnant the week after my father died, most stressful week of my life, that said I mc so I'm not sure if stress contributed to that.

I worry/stress and have been wondering it this is affecting my chance of becoming pregnant. I have had three mc in 12 months. Not sure if two were a chemical pregnancy. I have gone to the doctors and waiting to see if I will get referred to seek professional advice. Does anyone know of any ttc clinics or groups?

I fell pregnant essentially on the day or the day after my dad had a massive heart attack and 2 strokes and went into a coma for 3 weeks. I then went through flying home to be with him, flying back to the uk to be with DH once he was out of his coma, a bunch of immigration stuff, being deported at 28weeks, giving birth alone without DH, pre eclampsia, applying for a spouse visa back to the uk, and flying back on a 12 hour flight with my then 3 month old baby.

she was carried to full term, with no complications except some unexplained bleeding at 11 weeks and the pre eclampsia. So no, I dont think stress really has an impact on TTC! though I do think stressing ABOUT TTC can impact it :)

Agree with the first few posts. Acute stress can delay ovulation, but you will eventually ovulate. Day to day stress like that of work, relationships, money, etc... is normal and will not effect your fertility. If you are so stressed that you are losing sleep and getting sick, then yes, this can have an effect on your ovulation.

I seem to ovulate according to the ovulation monitor and my temperature charts it is remaining pregnant after displays signs and sometimes testing positive.

Everyone is different I suppose but science does show stress can cause infertility. Not the kind of stress from small things but serious stress can disrupt hormone levels without question. When you stress your adrenal glands produce adrenalin and cortisol both of which require progesterone to be created. Your glands steal progesterone away from what would be reproductive needs in order to accomplish this and therefore can have an immense effect of fertility and other bio functions of the body. Read this article and do some other research as well. Some women may not have the same impact as others but for me leaving my job I feel had a positive impact in my hormonal imbalance and progesterone levels. I fell pregnant a few cycles after that stress was removed from my life.

https://m.cbn.com/health/nutrition/drlen_051507.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->