Do you think these are too close?

ChellePepper

Reaction score
If we have a girl, I want to name her Teresa Estelle. Mine and my mothers name is Teresa (I go by Michelle) and my finance's mother is Estelle. We would call her Stella.

Her inititals would be the same as her Daddy's, which I think is adorable!

I love this name. Only problem is, my sister has a baby girl named Ella Grace.

Do you think Ella and Stella is too close for cousins? I think in a way, it might be cute, but I don't want my sister to feel negative about it.

Well Ella could really be short for Stella.. i would just ask your sister how she feels about it. It is a very cute name.

I don't think so as although you'll be calling her Stella that's not her full name and the full names are very different.

I'd ask your sister what her thoughts are - my brother & SIL are planning to have a TJ and I always wanted a JT and SIL thinks it's an adorable idea!

I would bring it up to sis.

Not sure if its popular where you are but there is a hand clapping game played in a circle called Stella Ella Ola. Made me think of that. Just observation not opinion.

I like that you came up with a name you love and that has so many personal connections to you - the name honors you, daddy, your mom, and your MIL - all in one name!! Lol :thumbup:

Honestly I do think it may be silly for cousins to be named Ella & Stella though - especially if you are close and they will be together often.

Plus I think it's kind of a stretch to name her Teresa Estelle and PLAN to call her "Stella." It just seems odd to give her a first name that you don't plan to use... and give her a middle name... that you don't plan to use... and then call her by a "nickname" of her middle name. :shrug:

What about nicknames of Teresa - any that you like? Teri, Reese, Tessa, Tera, Tessie?

If your heart is set on Stella - you should talk with your sister and see how she feels about it.

:flower:

I like that you came up with a name you love and that has so many personal connections to you - the name honors you, daddy, your mom, and your MIL - all in one name!! Lol :thumbup:

Honestly I do think it may be silly for cousins to be named Ella & Stella though - especially if you are close and they will be together often.

Plus I think it's kind of a stretch to name her Teresa Estelle and PLAN to call her "Stella." It just seems odd to give her a first name that you don't plan to use... and give her a middle name... that you don't plan to use... and then call her by a "nickname" of her middle name. :shrug:

What about nicknames of Teresa - any that you like? Teri, Reese, Tessa, Tera, Tessie?

If your heart is set on Stella - you should talk with your sister and see how she feels about it.

:flower:

whats wrong with going via middle name instead of first?

my family all do that and its no sillier having a first name you dont commonly use then having a middle name you dont commonly use is it? lol

and a nickname of the name your known by is common weather that's the first or middle name

Don't worry as it's just cousins not siblings.

When I was pregnant with dd I picked Ava Rose as her name, then my sis in law had a girl 14 weeks before my dd and suddenly changed from Kayleigh to Aoife rose (pronounced e-fa ) and I was devastated but my hubby told me not to change our name.

We settled on Ava Jane in the end

Some people say o there's an Aoife and an Ava they're so close, but if don't care theyre not sisters they're cousins (even though they see each other every day lol)

my family all do that and its no sillier having a first name you dont commonly use then having a middle name you dont commonly use is it? lol

and a nickname of the name your known by is common weather that's the first or middle name

I don't think it's "silly" per se - I just don't understand why some ppl give a child a certain first name if their plan is to call them by their middle name instead! :shrug: Why not just reverse the official name in the first place?? All of the school records and medical records etc, will have the 1st name listed - and it seems like a hassle to constantly have to explain "oh we go by the middle name ______" all the time. Especially if, in this case, the intended nickname of the middle name leads to the Ella/Stella dilemma.

Chellepepper - Off subject but I noticed in your signature that at your 1st u/s you saw two sacs and then 2 weeks later only one! I was the exact same way! At my 6 wk ultrasound there were 2 sacs, both with fluttering heartbeats - but at my 8 wk u/s only one! They called it "vanishing twin syndrome."

Congrats on your pregnancy! I do love your chosen baby girl name and how perfectly it honors all of you! :flower:

I agree with RubyRainbows, it happened to my mum (wasn't my grandmas wish) she was called Sarah Anne-Marie but as she got older she hated Sarah and went by Anne-Marie..
When my mum and dad got married my dad completely screwed up his vows by saying my mums "official" name wrong he had to say them again :lol:

Wasn't much point to that but yeah haha!

I don't think it's "silly" per se - I just don't understand why some ppl give a child a certain first name if their plan is to call them by their middle name instead! :shrug: Why not just reverse the official name in the first place?? All of the school records and medical records etc, will have the 1st name listed - and it seems like a hassle to constantly have to explain "oh we go by the middle name ______" all the time. Especially if, in this case, the intended nickname of the middle name leads to the Ella/Stella dilemma.

my sons school records say Jake not Cain you just tell them the name you want its not hard as for medical records the fecked that up anyway and it says Jack they also spell my surname wrong on mine :wacko: and lets face it as a full name Cain Jake flows 100 times better than Jake Cain (not too mention its a family tradition to go by the middle name and no one has ever had a problem)

My niece is Ella and my nan is Stella no one has ever said there too similar x

Chellepepper - Off subject but I noticed in your signature that at your 1st u/s you saw two sacs and then 2 weeks later only one! I was the exact same way! At my 6 wk ultrasound there were 2 sacs, both with fluttering heartbeats - but at my 8 wk u/s only one! They called it "vanishing twin syndrome."

Congrats on your pregnancy! I do love your chosen baby girl name and how perfectly it honors all of you! :flower:

Same thing happened to me this time too....2 sacs at 5 weeks but only 1 at 6 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->