Do you throw shoes away if you step in poo?

No way would I throw them away, shoes are too expensive! I just scrub them really well and that seems to get rid of the smell. I've never put shoes in the washing machine, I've never been really sure if you're supposed to do that - so you can really put shoes in the washing machine??

That's what I thought but after reading the advice on here decided to chance it and they're fine, they look brand new again x

Think I might try it out with some old shoes of Maria's and see if they survive the wash. Do you just put them in by themselves or stick them in with a normal wash?

Just in by themselves would be best, if mostly for the fact that they might damage your normal items of clothing if you stick them in with the rest of the wash.

When I've washed shoes in the machine I tend to put them in with a couple of towels to stop them clunking around in there, keeps the noise down and minimises any damage to the shoes or machine drum itself

I do the same as tally and put a couple of towels in to wash. Usually stick them on the radiator to dry

seriously? have you never stepped in poo yourself?

Glad they came clean for you:) I wouldn't have thrown them out, either. $40 is a lot of money to just toss out over stepping in poo, lol. I've tosses shoes in the washer plenty of times before, never had a problem getting them cleaned up that way. I've even washed light up shoes in the washer! I thought that was going to ruin the light up feature on them, but they worked just fine, so that part must be water resistant on the brand of shoes they were.

I do the same as tally and put a couple of towels in to wash. Usually stick them on the radiator to dry

Same here, one or two towels help keep the noise/damage to a minimum x

If I threw things away because they got poo on them, Sophies cloth nappies wouldn't have lasted very long. Certainly would never throw shoes away just because of some poo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->