Do you torture yourself lol.

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
K, I am a sick, sick person...

I want to get married sooo badly, but it's not going to happen for awhile and I know it... but it's happening for people around me and honestly the situation makes me revert to being about 8 years old lol.. I get so mad over it I cry, I want to stomp my feet and have a little tantrum honestly lol.

... and yet I look through my friends' (and non-friends... well friends on FB) engagement photo albums, and I watch proposal videos on youtube... ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... what is wrong with me??

Does anyone else do stuff like that? lol.

I don't know how to stop :shhh:

OMG!! I was the same way when I wanted to get engaged!! It's just cruel what we do to ourselves sometimes. I used to go onto wedding photographers' websites and look at all the beautiful pictures, wishing it was me!! :growlmad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SLlzhBLjEs&feature=related

*sniff*

My OH is probably someday gonna be like sooo uh.. we should get married..

I'm still waiting. I gave up pestering cause I was getting so upset about it. Pah!

We are buying a house together so I guess a mortgage is quite a bit commitment. All I want is those rings on my finger! And what he doesnt understand is that I will put of TTC if I have a wedding to organise!

xx

omg, i just watched that video :cry: :cry: it's a shame that not every bloke can be that imaginative eh?

Aw cute video, I wasn't even thinking of marriage until my husband brought me my ring :) I got to choose it as I am fussy ;)

Aww - I waited 8 years for my hubby to propose and I felt the same as you before hand. Its worth the wait tho trust me. I know it seems like everyone else to be getting engaged but you'll time will come and you'll be happy happy happy x x x

I was lol, especially when everyones like 'so when are you two getting married then'? It used to drive me potty. Now I have the same with everyone going 'so when are you two going to have a baby?' Grrrrr - Bloody men just like making us wait I think lol x x

I did it when I wanted to get engaged I sat looking through everyones engagement rings on here lol.
And still now I look at bump photos even though it drives me insane and makes me wanna cry .. yet I still do it!! lol xx

I give up on the marriage thing. We both screwed up our engagement in 2003, ended it because we separated for 5 months, and since we got back together, no talk of it since.

Our 12 year anniversary is on May 8th.

My 8 year old asked me a month ago if we will ever get married and I said no as I am too old now.

She'll be the one to push the idea at some point, but, honestly, I am not getting married as an old woman. I always wanted pics of me younger and getting married.

Truly, I give up.

As for seeing other people married, getting married, or engaged, I do get a tad jealous.

Awww don't give up hun. You don't have to be young to get married!

I don't look at the engagement rings on here cos I know I'll get jealous, my finger feels empty!

I know how you feel!!! Me and my partner have been together for 6 yrs in August and I desperately want to get married!! But we have a little debt and whilst we are clearing that once it is cleared we will then need a new car so will have to save and then will need to save for the wedding so we wont be getting married until 2014 so I feel your pain!

Awww don't give up hun. You don't have to be young to get married!

I don't look at the engagement rings on here cos I know I'll get jealous, my finger feels empty!

Seriously, I have given up. Sadly my engagement ring has sat in his drawer for the past 6 years. At 41, why bother now?

All of you girls are young but my advice is don't wait too long as often as the years go on, one partner may say why bother now.

And, tasha41, in light of your question, I think many ladies who do want to get married have tortured themselves one way or another. LOL Hope it happens soon for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->