do you use a dummy?

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
well for baby :haha:

just out of interest? n if you dont anymore but did, when did you get rid ? x

:flower:

I had a try with my first, but she just spat it out. I've not bothered attempting one with Arthur. On the upside, it means I don't have to wean them off :D

Yes, my lo is only 4 weeks old and breastfeed/bottle fed with pumped milk. She needs to suck like all the time. My poor nipples couldn't handle it all the time. Luckily, she's had no confusion. Once she gets teeth, I plan on weaning.

We've got one on standby, and currently it's been used once on one bad night over the weekend when DS just wouldn't settle during the night at all. It did seem to soothe him a little, but when we tried to get him to have it the following night he just spat it out. He's much more content sucking on his hands.

I wish mine did! He point blank refuses to entertain the idea of a dummy, we have tried a few different styles but he refuses them. Instead, I am his dummy!

yes we do, only to get him to sleep if he needs the extra help, but we could go days without using it. My DS has some days where he is extra fussy and wants to suck himself to sleep, but is full and doesn't want to eat, so we give him a pacifier to help him, and he's usually asleep within 5 mins

Yes. Have done since Day 2. I needed to eat some dinner. Never looked back.

She's such a comfort sucker, however she doesn't feed to sleep for naps so she needs the dummy as she will refuse boob because she's not hungry (can't comfort suck without getting milk) and she needs to suck to fall asleep.

During the night she'll comfort suck on the boob after a feed, but I only let her do this for 5mins or so then pop her off and back into her bed so I can go back to sleep!

She's starting to find her little thumb though - so cute. Dummies will be gone by 1yr old *hopefully*

No, she wouldn't take a dummy no matter what.

Sometimes I almost feel like trying the dummy myself to see if it'd help me fall asleep.

same as sue! my name is sue too haha
but my girl was a strong sucker from right after being born. I wouldn't recommend it that early if your baby has a lazy latch, you have supply issues or if your baby isn't gaining fast enough.

LO#1 yes, after four months and a bit of persuasion. He's 2 now and very attached to it, although we're weaning him off it.

LO#2 yes, after two months (was advised by BF counsellor not to introduce one until her latch had sorted itself out). She takes it now and then to calm down.

Yep with both my boys while they were breast fed :)
Never had any nipple confusion or anything like that.
My 2nd son liked to suck for comfort and as I had a 14 month old couldn't be used as a comforter so we gave him a dummy :) best thing we ever did or I would have had to strap him to me lol!

LO takes one, though I think it's more for DH's and my comfort lol I really don't think she'll have a problem being weaned. If anything, DH and I will need to go through the weaning process rather than her lol

DS1 - had a dummy from 2 weeks to about a month before his 3rd birthday (weaned him before our next child arrived)

DS2 - has had a dummy since about 2 days old. He wanted to suck all the time so I gave him a dummy. It didn't effect BFing in our case as he stacked on weight and is still feeding at 2. We will probably wean him off the dummy about 3 as it was easy for our first at that age.

Nope.
MIL bought us a couple and she never took it anyway. And we're just not going to bother trying with this one.

My son was in the NICU when he was first born and the nurses gave him one. He took it inconsistently. When we got home he wanted to constantly use me as a pacifier and in a sleep deprived haze I gave him the dummy and he took it and went to sleep. I now use it only when he is very fussy and cannot be soothed. It is my "last resort" and we go days without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->