• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you wake baby for feeds?

caz_hills

Reaction score
I'm curious as to what people do about waking baby for feeds.

My daughters naps are quite irregular/itratic. They tend to be roughly at the me time of the day but their length varies. Usually they are 40 minutes but sometimes they are really long. We wake her after two hours as by then she has gone way over three hours between feeds.

She is a good weight - 75th percentile so no worries there and isn't unwell. She is great!

Should we let her sleep as long as she wants? How long is too long?!

Thanks x

I never woke my daughter for feeds, day or night. Sometimes she would have an especially long nap but I figured she needed the sleep and I just left her to it. She would just have an especially long feed when she woke up. So long as her weight gain is appropriate and she is having the right number of wet and poopy diapers then I would just leave her sleep.

Nah. I will pump if baby misses a feed, as long as they're nice and chunky. If I start to notice any chunkiness going away or that baby isn't getting chunky, I will dream feed.

We woke LO to feed when he was a newborn (he was very sleepy and we had to work to keep him awake during feeds) but stopped shortly after he regained his birth weight. I think you'd be fine to let baby sleep. :)

I never wake for feeds as she will just be sick if she does not fully want it.

I never woke my mini beast for feeds, she just let me know when she was hungry xxx

I don't wake for feeds unless there's a problem with weight (DD was a slow gainer at first so needed to be fed every 3hrs for the first month).

I never woke E for feeds, she'd wake up if hungry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->