Do you

MummyinJune

Reaction score
wash clothes before wearing them? my oh does but i never have lol i might be a mink!

I always wash them, they smell weird straight from the shop.

Hiya Natsku :wave: I've just picked up some bits for your teething survival pack :haha:

Ooo yay, she's got two more just about to pop out!

Aww bless her :( I've just got to pick up a few more things tomorrow (I was being forgetful in the pharmacy!) and and I shall get it in the post for you :D
I'm always forgetful in the pharmacy, its like my mind goes blank there. But cheers :)

usually yes, with this baby i had washed all his clothes, then my washing mschine broke, then he was born bigger than all the clothes i had washed, so many of his clothes he ended up wearing from the packet which im really annoyed about.

They do tend to smell a little weird but I usually either a) cannot wait to wear it or b) all my other clothes are dirty. :haha:

I don't tend to wash my new clothes but always wash Louis' clothes before he wears them x

I don't wash any clothes before I wear them (and not before my LO wears them either). I love that "new clothes" feeling (they're softer before washing!)

Yes always... they did a test on clothes unwashed from the shop and found traces of urine, faeces, semen and vaginal fluids on them... Not to mention they've probably been all over the floor in the shop. Do I want my baby to come into contact with that? No way Jose!

argh yuck!!! who done test??! i just wonder if the study was paid for by Fairy or some other clothes washing powder company lol

I dont wash clothes i love that new smell and never worn feeling (this is best with new socks)

Im not a freak honest :haha:

Just found this while looking for the info I read ages which I can't seem to find now :dohh: I'll keep looking and post if I find it x

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2007-08-20/nz-tests-find-formaldehyde-in-chinese-made-clothes/644966

urhgh... can't seem to find the one about urine etc but there are loads of chemicals on new clothes you wouldn't want on yours let alone your baby's skin... it's always advised to wash baby's clothes even if you don't wash your own :thumbup:
https://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/question470.htm

ETA https://www.clothdiaperingmama.com/2011/02/15/do-you-wash-new-clothes-you-will-now/

That is disgusting!!! i will now wash clothes first!!!! lol

I dont wash mine but I do wash the kids after I read some horrid stuff on here when I was Pg. There was an article/Test done on clothes straight out if some shops, and they were swabbed, and they had traces of urine, faeces, vaginal secretions, and ALL sorts on them!! Also, clothes that are all White have something on them that makes them stay so White in the shop, so that needs washing off too really. Just think of all the dirty hands that touch the clothes on the rack and stuff. So yeah, NOW I wash stuff, but I never used to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->