Do your children care if you have a real or fake tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FAB mama

Reaction score
We've always had a fake tree since I've stopped living with my parents, but every year I miss going pick out a real tree and I miss the smell of it. LO's only had one Christmas though and doesn't know the difference yet. He's starting to recognize what a Christmas tree is though. Do your kids notice if you have a real or fake tree? Do they love the real ones?

i've never had a real one and didnt as a child
honestly my kids wouldnt care what kind it was

DD2 is too young to care either way and DD1 doesn't care as long as she gets to decorate it. We've had both in the past. I prefer artificial trees and always had one growing up but DH is the opposite so we tend to switch off from year to year.

We have only ever had one real tree and that was in Australia- bad idea as it is hot there for Xmas and the tree fell apart lol
My hubby had a couple as a kid. But he is not a big fan!
So we tend to stick with fake, maybe when i get my dream cabin in the woods we can start cutting our own down lol
TBH the kids never really ask what kind of tree we can have.

No my children don't care, I don't see why any child would tbh as long as they get to decorate it because that's the best bit for them (in my house anyway!) xx

We've never had a real tree and only did once that I can recall as a kid at home. I didn't care back then and I'm sure my kids don't/won't either.
If quite like a real one when they're all a bit bigger though :thumbup: x

It's always been an artificial tree for me. You can get some really good fakes now. I upgraded my tree last year, my new one cost £25 from Tesco, and it's really quite convincing! We have a real tree at work every year, and it honestly seems like too much effort!

We have always had fake and my kids don't bother. I always had fake as a child as my dad was allergic to real trees and it didn't bother me either. Plus you can put them up earlier lol

I don't think Connor knows or cares tbh...

i dont know a single child who would care really, callum wouldn't even notice the difference lol

He's never noticed. As a kid I always wanted a real one because of the story The Little Fir Tree :lol:
However the one year we got one it was just horrible! Went back to artificial and have done ever since.

Never had a real tree and kids have never asked for one or been bothered

We've never had a real one. All i remember of real trees as a kid was rogue bloody needles everywhere, no thanks!

We always had one of each growing up. Mom decorated the fake tree with gorgeous decorations, and we got to pick the fake tree and decorations for it. I loved getting to go pick out a tree:) the tree farms near us have reindeer, hot chocolate stands, etc, so it's a whole traditional experience to do that every year.

So far, we've only done fake trees, but fully intend to do real trees within the next few years when both boys will be old enough to appreciate and enjoy the experience every year. I think we'll do both fake and real, as I still want a tree up early too lol!

I bought both boys their own 3ft trees for their rooms with Disney ornaments last year. Ds1 loved it:) ds2 was still too young to care last year, but I think he'll love it this year.

My son wouldn't care, but we always had a real tree when I was little, and always will in my own home. It wouldn't be Christmas, for me, without going out to get a tree and the real tree smell.

We have never had a real tree, so I'm not sure it would even occur to mine that it was an option! I love the idea of going out as a family to choose a real tree, on a cold, dark evening, coming back and drinking hot chocolate to warm up, then decorating it all together, but just couldn't be doing with the needles dropping everywhere, especially while the children are so little. So the reality is, I badger hubby to go up in the loft to get the tree and decs, eventually he does, and we throw them together once the kids are in bed, as they would not be a nightmare playing with it all!

We've never had a real tree and will never have one. I didn't have one as a child either. Thomas doesn't even know what Christmas is so I doubt he'll be that bothered about the tree.

We always had one of each growing up. Mom decorated the fake tree with gorgeous decorations, and we got to pick the fake tree and decorations for it. I loved getting to go pick out a tree:) the tree farms near us have reindeer, hot chocolate stands, etc, so it's a whole traditional experience to do that every year.

So far, we've only done fake trees, but fully intend to do real trees within the next few years when both boys will be old enough to appreciate and enjoy the experience every year. I think we'll do both fake and real, as I still want a tree up early too lol!

I bought both boys their own 3ft trees for their rooms with Disney ornaments last year. Ds1 loved it:) ds2 was still too young to care last year, but I think he'll love it this year.

That sounds fun. We never got to cut down a tree or go to a tree farm. We always got it at the plant nursery but it was still fun to pick it out! Assembling a plastic tree just isn't the same to me.

I don't think my kids would care at their age.

It matters to me though and I rember it becoming more of a thing when I was a teenager to get a real tree . No matter how good a fake you get they just look to uniform to me. Besides assembling plastic is just not the same as going and looking at lots of trees before you find the "perfect" one for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back