Do your children care if you have a real or fake tree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We always had one of each growing up. Mom decorated the fake tree with gorgeous decorations, and we got to pick the fake tree and decorations for it. I loved getting to go pick out a tree:) the tree farms near us have reindeer, hot chocolate stands, etc, so it's a whole traditional experience to do that every year.

So far, we've only done fake trees, but fully intend to do real trees within the next few years when both boys will be old enough to appreciate and enjoy the experience every year. I think we'll do both fake and real, as I still want a tree up early too lol!

I bought both boys their own 3ft trees for their rooms with Disney ornaments last year. Ds1 loved it:) ds2 was still too young to care last year, but I think he'll love it this year.

That sounds fun. We never got to cut down a tree or go to a tree farm. We always got it at the plant nursery but it was still fun to pick it out! Assembling a plastic tree just isn't the same to me.

I love assembling the tree :haha:

We always had one of each growing up. Mom decorated the fake tree with gorgeous decorations, and we got to pick the fake tree and decorations for it. I loved getting to go pick out a tree:) the tree farms near us have reindeer, hot chocolate stands, etc, so it's a whole traditional experience to do that every year.

So far, we've only done fake trees, but fully intend to do real trees within the next few years when both boys will be old enough to appreciate and enjoy the experience every year. I think we'll do both fake and real, as I still want a tree up early too lol!

I bought both boys their own 3ft trees for their rooms with Disney ornaments last year. Ds1 loved it:) ds2 was still too young to care last year, but I think he'll love it this year.

That sounds fun. We never got to cut down a tree or go to a tree farm. We always got it at the plant nursery but it was still fun to pick it out! Assembling a plastic tree just isn't the same to me.

I love assembling the tree :haha:

Yuck, its my least favorite part. I hate putting it together, and fluffing it out. I like how it looks when its done, but I hate what it takes to get it to that point. I'd so much rather get right to decorating, lol!

I think mine are a bit young to notice the difference really, I could probably tell them a fake tree was real :lol:
As a kid we sometimes had real and sometimes fake and honestly it never bothered me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back