Doc wants to discuss blood results?

SmartieMeUp

Mum of 2 girls.
Reaction score
I know it may not be serious as I'm feeling but I had a phone call yesterday and bombarded with texts from my doctors surgery saying they wanted to discuss my recent blood test results. Then another phone call today. Normally if things are safe/clear then it's done over the phone. My appointment has been booked for 1st Dec so a week and half away.

1) I already know I'm not anaemic
2) I already know I'm not immune to Rubella
The MW told me

I went through the list of bloods and it's left me with:
- Hb
- Thalassaemia
- Sicklecell (rare in Caucasian)
- Hepatitiss B
- Bloodgroup
- Antibodies
- Syphilis
- HIV

Anybody else had a call for discussion or is there anything I should keep in mind?

Hi hun its really hard to say what it could be as you are tested for so many things during pregnancy. If its really worrying you can you try and get an emergency appointment or perhaps even speak to a midwife and see if you can get an appointment with them to discuss it. Leaivng you in limbo til the 1st of Dec is not really fair of them. x

before i blabla down there, i'd like to say that if you had no underlying condition prior to pregnancy, it probably just arose due to it because pregnancy does amplify any of the health conditions we already had, which is normal and expected. if you're taking your prenatals, it could just be something that popped up in your blood that was dormant prior to pregnancy. they'll take care of you if it's more harm than good.

here's my story with blood problems. id like to share it because its more of a miracle story with blood problems and pregnancy. i had horrific iron-deficiency anemia before getting pregnant. im a petite girl 5'2 and 118 lbs. my levels were 14 when im supposed to be up around 40-120. i stopped taking my iron medication to the point instead of twice a day it would be once every two weeks. because it caused me to be so sick and i'd throw it up so about 2-3 months prior to finding out i was pregnant, i actually was not taking any treatment properly for my down-spiraling condition. normally treatment can take months to a year or two to improve the condition i had. doctors were surprised i was still functioning the way i was. well, i went back to the doctor for a flu shot since the flu outbreak occured alot earlier this year in my community and i wanted to also see if my levels were any better since then. so they gave me my flu shot, then sent me to get labs done as usual on a monthly basis (cbc). and i got a letter in the mail of the results and they showed it had jumped from 14 to 38. i thought oh my gosh but i havent taken my medicine! three days later at 8 dpo, i took a pregnancy test due to my boyfriend suspecting i was because my usual PMS symptoms were absent and surprise! it was positive. so the increased blood flow due to pregnancy actually healed me of my anemia. i was not ever called about for my blood again and on my first prenatal appointment they took 8 tubes of blood and ofcourse my urine did not ever once call me. i went to a nutritionist to actually confirm this phenomenon and after she did blood tests, she told me my levels are very much in the normal range when they'd likely be lower at this point in pregnancy. i really have a miracle baby!

I had a similar situation. I had a voicemail saying to call my doctors to discuss my blood test results, I called back and the doctor wasn't there, had a few calls back and forth and then spent the weekend worrying like mad about what was wrong. Only to find, after 2 days of worry that the doctor wanted to tell me I was pregnant :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:. My blood tests hadn't been marked as 1st tri screening or something and the doctor didn't know whether I knew I was pregnant or not. So it could be somehting as simple as that. There are a lot of minor things it could be too, so try not to worry :hugs:

Not always bad!

Where I went the policy was to give results of HIV and one other thing I can not recall in person only. Except no one told me until I got the call and a VM left. I got it after hours and called back a tad freaked just cause I am low risk for HIV but had never been tested.

my bloodwork at my first appt revealed that I have an overactive thyroid. Not a huge deal- have to be on daily meds and have ultrasounds every few months of my thyroid, but it was picked up on my bloodwork. Could very easily be something like that.

Do you know your blood type? Maybe you're Rh Negative? I'm putting my money on either that or thyroid levels (the latter being a common issue in pregnancy).

I'm Rh positive, I never needed the injection. I can't get an earlier appointment because the doctor who wants to see me is currently off.

I don't remember any of this malarky during my first pregnancy, it was pretty straight forward with appointments not needing any extra to discuss anything. Kind of threw me off the wagon a little.

I've no idea what it could be, the only bloodwork I was called about was that I'm Rh-, so they wanted to go over getting the shot.

But I think if it were something really important or bad, they'd want you to come in asap. So I feel like it probably means it something silly or minor if they think it can wait two weeks.

Saw the doctor, and it was only to discuss the Rubella situation more :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->