doctor/hospital visits

jojo23

mum to 1 angel baby
Reaction score
hi girls... just a quick question...
its been just over a month since i was in the hospital and Lily was born sleeping due to MMC. I havent been called back to either the doctor or hospital yet just wondering is this normal? Im in Ireland so maybe things are different but im just a bit confused as ive been having pinkish spotting on and off for a couple of days and im not sure if hcg levels are lowering or not. could be AF as i thought it was coming on me but not sure! :hugs: to you all ladies xxxx

I had a scan two weeks after having Archie, to check that there wasn't any retained placenta. I ended up having it done at a different hospital as I couldn't face going back to the one where I'd had Archie due to the way they'd treated him after we left. At the other hospital they did say they don't always scan if everything is ok.

Maybe its AF coming, I have read that in second trimester HCG levels decrease as the placenta has taken over. There's a chart on here https://www.justmommies.com/articles/hcg-levels.shtml

xxx

Just wanted to let you know I wasnt seen at all after my son was born :nope: x

That's awful, obviously our main complaint with the hospital is the way they looked after Archie after we left him. But I've also raised some other issues one of which is the inadequate follow up care and that basically you're made to feel unimportant if you're baby has died, I believe (as does my community midwife) that if you want it you should have a final follow-up/closure appointment with your community midwife. But to have no follow up at all is just awful! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

That's awful, obviously our main complaint with the hospital is the way they looked after Archie after we left him. But I've also raised some other issues one of which is the inadequate follow up care and that basically you're made to feel unimportant if you're baby has died, I believe (as does my community midwife) that if you want it you should have a final follow-up/closure appointment with your community midwife. But to have no follow up at all is just awful! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

i agree thats terrible treatment!!! i personally feel i need the final follow up just to get closure and know that everything ive experienced physically is notmal and im on the right road. the hospital were great as regards out wished with lily and how i was treated but i just think that they forget that when you go home you still have a million questions unanswered all we want is to know someone professional is there to answer them and without judgement. so glad i have this site to come to but i think the doctors/midwives need to realise that after care service is just as important as whn you first discover a problem!! xxx

we did have an appointment for all of about 5 minutes after 6 weeks just to tell us the tests results showed nothing but they never saw me :-( never checked i was recoving from the birth etc...

xxx

i was never checked either by doctor. Midwife did visit to check uterus was lowering a few days after birth.

i was never checked either by doctor. Midwife did visit to check uterus was lowering a few days after birth.

Same here :hugs:

How are you? hows Poppy? xxx

I was never seen either. In fact it took five weeks (when we rang to check about the pm results) for the hospital to tell me I had an anaerobic infection. No scans, no follow up appointment, not with a midwife or a doctor. I was sent home the same day as delivering our angel and never had any medical checks after that.

im so sorry girls its just awful to be left there. they just have no consideration for women who have miscarried after we leave the hospital. i really wish things were different, i was offered counselling but i really dont want to talk to someone who doesnt know what im goin through or cant give me answers. yet i find it hard to cope with emotions i have never ever felt before. im even starting to get paranoid about silly things even to do with OH,im scared ill never have a baby or that theres was something terribly wrong with Lily, im wondering did I do something or was it my body.
I understand that this is normal to go through but normal is far from what i feel.....

im so sorry girls its just awful to be left there. they just have no consideration for women who have miscarried after we leave the hospital. i really wish things were different, i was offered counselling but i really dont want to talk to someone who doesnt know what im goin through or cant give me answers. yet i find it hard to cope with emotions i have never ever felt before. im even starting to get paranoid about silly things even to do with OH,im scared ill never have a baby or that theres was something terribly wrong with Lily, im wondering did I do something or was it my body.
I understand that this is normal to go through but normal is far from what i feel.....

:hugs:, it is normal how u feel, i still analise everything i did the weekend that charlie died, trying to find a reason why a perfect little boy would just die :(
did u have a pm to find a reason?
we had one, but they found nothing... its very hard the not knowing...

FX u will get pregnant again soon, not that PAL is easy , but its one step closer to having the baby u long for :hugs:

o i didn't get seen either...my MW came round only as i rang her to, and just the once..

:hugs:, it is normal how u feel, i still analise everything i did the weekend that charlie died, trying to find a reason why a perfect little boy would just die :(
did u have a pm to find a reason?
we had one, but they found nothing... its very hard the not knowing...

FX u will get pregnant again soon, not that PAL is easy , but its one step closer to having the baby u long for :hugs:

o i didn't get seen either...my MW came round only as i rang her to, and just the once..

no hun we didnt opt for pm as MW advised that normally we wouldnt get any answers anyway as Lily was very small and it would be quite hard for them to do. she did say that in her professional opinion it looked like there was something wrong with Lily, she hinted at Down syndrome as her feet were a little flat but wouldnt say for sure because it was missed miscarriage and could have been due to the fact Lily had died about 2 weeks before they gave me U/S. they took a tissue sample from her and the placenta, amnio fluid and my bloods were also sent.... just such a confusing time im really baffled at the way we're all a bit in limbo with not seeing anyone! thinking of Charlie and saying a lil prayer tonight that our angels are playing happy together xxx

i was in hospital for 3 weeks and 2 days after connor died (still prengnat with harry) but not once was i checked over or asked how i was, in the doctors eyes, they had me there just waiting to 'miscarry' twin 2!

Even when i went on to have harry and go home, i never saw anyone or anything like that xxx

i was in hospital for 3 weeks and 2 days after connor died (still prengnat with harry) but not once was i checked over or asked how i was, in the doctors eyes, they had me there just waiting to 'miscarry' twin 2!

Even when i went on to have harry and go home, i never saw anyone or anything like that xxx

so sorry you lost your lovely little connor... Harry is such a beauty hun. i seriously think someone needs to totally review the way 'misscarriage' is treated. i hate the fact that they even use that word when we know it was so much more than that! :hugs: to you connor and harry and their daddy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->