Doctor now or later. Need Help!

buttercup78

Reaction score
Hi ladies, me again.

CD66 and still no AF. However, I had a random + OPK on CD63 with a temp dip and lots of ewcm. I had a doctor's appointment on 5/7 but since I have seemingly O'd I would only be 5 or 6 DPO so that would be too soon to determine pregnancy if it happened this month.

My question is, do you think I should stick with my appointment on the 7th or move it a week until after my period would be expected based on when I O'd ?

On the one hand I dont want to have to go back a week later anyway but on the other hand I don't want to put off seeing to doctor if something is seriously wrong. Some of my worry comes from my hypochondriac boss. She told me that if ever I have a missed period or a change in my cm (I've had a lot more ewcm than usual) I should go to the doctor because that's how she knew she had uterine cancer. This is the same woman forced the business card of her gynecological oncologist on me when I had an abnormal pap.

So, thoughts? I'm at my wits end at this point and would welcome advice.

As you don't know for sure what's going on I would still keep the appointment - good luck x

If you have been trying for a while, I would keep the appointment too. There are all sorts of tests that they can do to see if there is anything wrong and it won't interfere is you happen to be PG. Some tests or referrals may take time to make the appointment so start now is best. If it turns out that you are PG this month, oh well tests still made sure that everything is ok.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you o'd (I also did really later this cycle, but clear O temp shift and temps look great). I would probably wait and see if af comes, and then go to the doc after that anyway.

Ignore your boss!!! I am not sure if she was ttc or? But the cm changes and irregularities associated with cancer are pretty extreme- like discolored foul smelling cm is one.

I have delayed O from stress usually, or bad diet, it doesn't seem to change the end result. I would see a doc if I missed two cycles with no signs of O.

In saying that it wouldn't hurt to see doc anyway as planned, and get test done- you just might have to go back if af doesn't show/or no bfp a week later to get it induced.

I say keep the appointment. If you have to go back again ten that's okay. But I would rather be safe than sorry kind of a thing. If something is wrong it's best to find it sooner :) good luck!

I would say postpone app.

I have pcos so I rarely get AF,many things can make u late, and one week isn't gonna make a difference

Thanks ladies! I decided to postpone the appointment for a week. I think now with I have O'd I feel like things just needed to "reset" for some reason. Also, I went to my GP the day that I O'd to have blood draw and test for hormone levels and Rh factor (I'm a redhead). I will go back for test results on the 15th which is about when :witch: should be here if she is going to show her face.

I think that would basically be the first step with the gyn anyway, but I am so difficult to get blood from that I had my GP and the nurse we call the Vein Whisperer do it instead.

At 5dpo I am having some dull cramping and weird twinges and my nipples feel kind of weird (TMI, sorry) so we shall see.

Will keep you posted. Oh, and with regard to my boss, she's in her 50's and in a really unhappy marriage and my husband is a prince. It's created some problems. Also, if anyone mentions any illness she jumps right on the "it's cancer" bandwagon.

:dust: to everyone!

Thanks ladies! I decided to postpone the appointment for a week. I think now with I have O'd I feel like things just needed to "reset" for some reason. Also, I went to my GP the day that I O'd to have blood draw and test for hormone levels and Rh factor (I'm a redhead). I will go back for test results on the 15th which is about when :witch: should be here if she is going to show her face.

I think that would basically be the first step with the gyn anyway, but I am so difficult to get blood from that I had my GP and the nurse we call the Vein Whisperer do it instead.

At 5dpo I am having some dull cramping and weird twinges and my nipples feel kind of weird (TMI, sorry) so we shall see.

Will keep you posted. Oh, and with regard to my boss, she's in her 50's and in a really unhappy marriage and my husband is a prince. It's created some problems. Also, if anyone mentions any illness she jumps right on the "it's cancer" bandwagon.

:dust: to everyone!
Honestly, people always do that if they have had something, lol it's like they love to talk about what they know-shared knowledge isn't a bad thing mind you :)

Just wanted to say I get the nipple weird feeling after O, and the cycle I had it the worse I got my 21day progesterone test, and levels were excellent!! I think it is a great sign your body is in action!!! Good luck with test result- I am waiting to get mine back and HATE it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->