Doctor pressed really hard

Littlebear11

Reaction score
I went to the walk in clinc today for feeling super weak and dizzy, found out I need more iron but the doctor was pressing on my stomach and he pressed around really hard and felt like he went deep while pressing (if that makes sense) but now I'm worried if he could have hurt the baby. They checked the heart rate after and it was at 153. Should the baby be okay?

Yes, baby will be good. The uterus is a huge muscle of protection. Sorry you had to experience that though, it reallky is so uncomfortable :hugs:.

The uterus was made to protect the baby. The baby surrounded by water to cushion the blow and the uterus is a thick muscular padding to absorb shock before it even gets to the amniotic fluids.
Early in pregnancy pushing and even some blows won't hurt the baby. I'm talking being punched in the stomach most likely won't even hurt It that's how good the uterus is.
It's late second trimester and into the third that being hit with force can cause an issue. But again, baby is still very protected.

Baby will be fine. They are very well protected in there. I always found my midwives were quite rough with their checks, but baby has a lot of cushioning in the womb :hugs:

Thank you everyone for the response, I'm feeling a lot less worried now about it. It was just so shocking how hard they can press but they know best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->