Dodgy video "likes" on Facebook newsfeed

supertabby

Reaction score
Is anyone else suddenly seeing a lot of videos being liked by friends that seem out of character? Especially sexual stuff but it's other things too.

Over the last couple of weeks I keep seeing that my friends (many different ones who are unconnected) are showing in my news feed as having "liked" videos that seem a little surprising! Things that from the description and still (I haven't clicked on them) are things like naked celebs or lesbians on elevator cctv etc! While I've got some friends who would look and wouldn't care who knows lol, these are people I'd never imagine would openly like this stuff - I don't think they'd watch it either but you never know what people get up to in private lol.

Is this some kind of spam/virus etc? Anyone else seeing it? Could it be they are viewing it but being tricked into "liking" without knowing they've activated the "like" function?

Sometimes you have to like a link to be able to view it. That may be what has happened. Im sure most people wouldnt announce on fb if they really watched those things.

I have clicked on them before cos I'm nosey and you have to like the link before you can watch the video. I have never liked it though as I know it will show in my newsfeed

I keep seeing these weird videos come up in my newsfeed too that have dodgy web addresses below them. I just assumed it was due to some dodgy virus where if you click in to watch one of these videos it automatically "likes" it and then spatters it on everyone's wall to hopefully get others to click the link too.

Yeah it's some sort of virus. If you click on it, it shows up on all your friends feed that you liked it too iykwim. Never click on them!!

This is weird. On my phone I don't have adblock so I see these norwegian ads that my friends who don't speak norwegian have liked... They're not dirty pages or anything. One of my english speaking friends liked a norwegian cream cheese...?? lol I'd love an explanation too!

Yea i know exactly what you mean its happening on my news feed too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->