Does a cold make morning sickness worse?

Eziana

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm currently 14w4d pregnant and I'm just getting over a cold that I've had for almost two weeks now. It was one of the worst colds I've had in years. Anyway, while I've had the cold my morning sickness has gotten worse. We're talking actual throwing up more nights than not, whereas before I'd just feel somewhat queasy and I had only thrown up like three or four times. So, my question is this: Can a cold make morning sickness worse or is this just a cruel coincidence?!

Definitely, since nausea is a common cold symptom in and of itself. Feel better!

Yes it can. I had a cold in my last pregnancy in the second trimester and I felt like I was in the first trimester all over again. Hope you feel better soon xx

Yes my sickness was a lot worse whilst I had a cold. I was physically sick so much more. Once my cold symptoms cleared a bit I was less sick and more just nauseous.

It sure does. I always get more nauseated when I have congestion. I think it's the mucus in/on the throat that does it. Yuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->