Does an easy 1st tri indicate an easy pregnancy?

Laura27

Reaction score
Hi ladies...popping over from 2nd tri with a question. I've had it really really easy so far...as in I wouldn't have even known I was pregnant if I hadn't had scans. I keep waiting for some horrible effects to kick in but I'm wondering...what are the chances I'm not going to have any complaints?! Has anyone else had a really easy pregnancy the whole way through? :shrug:

(this isn't meant to sound smug...and I'm well aware I'm only 16 weeks so plenty of time for the nasties to show up!)

Mines been great and it still is :thumbup:. Know it won't be the same for other ladies but easy first tri has carried on till this point. I often forget im pregnant and its not till my body tells me enough is enough (during day activities/work) do I actually remember I need to step back and take it easy. Hopefully yours will carry on being great :D xx

It may and it may not. :) You never know....

Personally, pregnancy has been a breeze. I would also have not known I was pregnant in the first trimester if it wasn't for not having a period. :) I did not get morning sickness, no food aversions, no sensitivity to smells... no pains. The only thing I had that was a symptom was fatigue. I have been so sleepy the entire time. It got worse in the third trimester but if sleepiness is my only issue, then I'd say I'm lucky.

I haven't had any complications or anything in the way of "feeling bad" from the pregnancy. I sleep fine... I don't have any pain... nuffin.

But, everyone is different of course.

It did for me! I had an overall easy pregnancy, no morning sickness, and the worse complication was gestational hypertension at 40 weeks. I worked up until 40 weeks without a problem. I found pregnancy to be a breeze as well!

Hopefully you continue to have a smooth pregnancy! :flower:

My first tri with my dd was difficult, halfway through 2nd tri things got easier, then in 3rd tri i was miserable.

This time I had ms that lasted longer than last time, lots of cramping but wasn't as miserable. I do cramp a lot but aches and pains are nowhere near as bad. With the exception of this itching that I've had, I think I'm having a much easier pregnancy than last time. Sometimes I carry my daughter and walk for a while and completely forget that I'm pregnant because I don't feel tired or breathless.

Maybe this is partially due to the fact that I've decided that I will enjoy this pregnancy and savor every moment. I couldn't wait to have my daughter but then I felt like I forgot to enjoy it and felt very sad lol. It probably couldn't have been helped though as I couldn't even walk without limping!!

Wow so many positive experiences, praying that mine continues then!!

My 1st 3 pregnancies were a breeze. No sickness and only hip pain at the end, very short fast, pain free labors. This time, all day sickness for the first 16 weeks, horrible pains since the end of the 2nd tri and now back with nausea and lots of weird pains, and other things that I didn't have with my others.

Hopefully it stays easy for you throughout! You never know how your body will adjust to carrying the weight of a heavier and heavier baby, and therein lies the concern. I had a hideous first trimester this time around, and while I'm tired of being pregnant right now, my third trimester could be so much worse. I'm one of the lucky ladies that gets few stretchmarks, no swelling, and doesn't gain much weight (and have so far, knock on wood, had simple fast deliveries). Of course, I get heartburn, I can't eat much without feeling stuffed and my pelvic bones are sore as anything... you win some, you lose some, I guess.:shrug:

Anyway, fingers crossed it stays comfortable for you, there are loads of women here who have had easy pregnancies! I would have killed for one pregnancy without morning sickness, for sure.:haha:

I think it's random. With my first I had a very easy pregnancy. But this time was hard first trimester. Easier but still harder than my first baby. Now 3rd trimester and it's back to being hard again

Mine is true on the opposite end.... Horrid 1st tri = horrible entire pregnancy, beginning til end for all 3 ! I'd say ur safe! :)

Asides from my cervical stitch being put in at 14 weeks ( which was a very quick recovery from the surgery )

I've had a very easy pregnancy I was nauseas for all of 3 weeks and have only vomited twice this entire pregnancy!! No loss of apatite anything like that, the only thing I have to complain about is the odd bit of constipation. Here's hoping an easy pregnancy = easy birth :haha: one can hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->