Does an induction make labor harder?

Jcliff

Reaction score
My dr told me he would induce me at 41 weeks if I dont have baby by then, of course Im hoping she comes before then, but if not i will be induced. I am alittle afraid. Will it make everything harder? Or is it really no big deal? Thanks!:thumbup:

I went for 36 hours in labour contracting every 2 -3 minutes and was given the drip to speed things along. I must say I found the contractions a lot stronger(and painful) after that. But there are different ways to induce, so they may offer a sweep or burst your waters etc

My induction started with them breaking my waters and 45 fairly easy minutes laterr he was born - much easier than my spontaneous labour

if u end up with the drip it speeds things up alot so u dnt get enough time to get used to one intesity of pain before they get stronger n its more painful. so it seems lots more painful only as ur body not given time to adjust

both mine were induced early, first baby was a long labour as he was back to back also, second baby once they started me on the contraction drip he was here in a couple of hours. Both painful (though i guess labour is anyway!) i had an epi with my first but with my second just gas and air, i think i preferred my second labour as it was much quicker, i knew when to push etc

My induction wasn't to bad however I ended up with an emergency c section because of a prolasped cord. I got 2 doses of cytotec and pitocin however I made sure to get the epidural before the pitocin was started. I did have to get two pain shots before the epidural to get through the contractions from cytotec. I was contracting every 1.5-2 minutes with that. They broke my water which was extremely painful because I was only dilated to a 1. :(

I was induced. Had to be given 3 pessaries as my body just didnt want to go into labour! Eventually, 12 hours after3rd pessary they were ableto break my waters. Contractions were pathetic and so was givn pitocin drip (and was upped to maximum fairly quickly) Nd went from 3-10cm in an hour.

Overall, it was a good experience althought i would definitely prefer to go naturally this time! My labour was a total of 6 hours (2 of theee being pushing out dds 38cm head... yikes!)

I was induced I had a 2 hour 30 minute labour from them breaking my waters at less than cm. It wasn't painful, I had 3 puffs of gas and air. tbh It was the perfect birth as far as I could have expected. Hope this one goes just as well.

I was induced both times, first time only needed one pessary and a couple of puffs of gas and air after walking all day n she was here. 1 hour 40 mins labour

2nd time they wanted him out quicker so broke my waters and started me on drip straight away which got intense very quick, that's an intense labour as contractions are one after other so body can't really adjust! But again it was very fast and active labour was 1 hour 30 mins x

I was induced, and had an amazing labour. Its different for everyone. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->