Does any one else get worried about the length of their cycles?

AmeliePoulain

Mama to 3 girls
Reaction score
It is still 8 months away until we start TTC but for the past 6 months or so I have been keeping proper records of my cycles (for the first time ever tbh).

I was on the bcp for 5 years approx and I came off about 2.5 years ago just to take a break and I found that not being on it any more really suited me.

Since tracking my cycles more in the past few months I see to hover around 32 days but they have jumped up to 35/37 days on occasion :shrug:

I know that about a year ago my cycles got to around 40 days (but I was REALLY stressed out) and things havn't been that extreme again since.

I just don't know if I am worrying myself about nothing with 35 day cycles at this stage...but I have got a docs appt next week (about something unrelated) but I wandered if I should bring it up???

Thanks xxxx

I think that if the marjority of them are the same lenghth you should be ok

I have long cycles too and I always have long periods. It's not 'normal' (as in average) but it's 'normal' for me.

im concerned about my current cycle of about 60 days so far..!! doctors tomorrow!!

xxxps.. amelie is the best movie ever :p

My cycles (before I went on BCP) Were all over the place, 3 months, 1 month, 8 months it was horrid, so I went on BCP for 5 years ...
Now I recently came off them in July and haven't had AF yet! *Sigh* So I understand what you mean about worrying! I'm just waiting for mine so I can start tracking.....

My cycles (before I went on BCP) Were all over the place, 3 months, 1 month, 8 months it was horrid, so I went on BCP for 5 years ...
Now I recently came off them in July and haven't had AF yet! *Sigh* So I understand what you mean about worrying! I'm just waiting for mine so I can start tracking.....

Awww...we shouldn't get too pent up about it...only likely to make it worse (I tell myself :wacko:)

I think all of this BCP stuff and cycle crazyness makes you realise just how much of a long term impact such a little tablet can have when you are taking it for years at a time.

I was only 15 when I started taking it and tbh once I came off I realised that I had never really been in tune with my own body! It is only since I have started tracking (even though it is a little frustrating and worrying) that I have really begun to understand what the different feelings/changes that go on through the month really mean to me!

Best of luck ladies with your cycles - one month at time :flower:

Awww...we shouldn't get too pent up about it...only likely to make it worse (I tell myself :wacko:)

I think all of this BCP stuff and cycle crazyness makes you realise just how much of a long term impact such a little tablet can have when you are taking it for years at a time.

I was only 15 when I started taking it and tbh once I came off I realised that I had never really been in tune with my own body! It is only since I have started tracking (even though it is a little frustrating and worrying) that I have really begun to understand what the different feelings/changes that go on through the month really mean to me!

Best of luck ladies with your cycles - one month at time :flower:

Yeah... I mean I'm glad I took them since for me it has meant no accidental pregnancies but at the same time I can't help but feel irritated that I didn't just stick it out and find out what is 'normal' for me, so its like starting all over again! Bah humbug!

Thanks for the good luck x and good luck with yours x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->