Does any one elses baby shake/shiver when woken up?

lovie

Mamma to a baby boy
Reaction score
My baby boy is 6 months old, if he is woken up by a noise or but me picking him up he shivers/shakes for 30 seconds-a minuit. Sometimes he even does it when he wakes up by himself. he looks really scared whilst he is skaking:cry:

I just assumed it was normal for babies to do this but I was eating lunch with a friend today and she was concerned, her baby girl doesn't do it.

Does anyone else have a baby who shakes when they first wake up?

I am so worried :(

Hey, I have a baby shaker! From what I've read it's neurological development and them waking from a deep sleep so "coming round" if that makes sense? I'm not too worried :) xxx

yeah my lo does this occasionally. Did it this morning after his nap.

I am glad my baby isn't the only shivery baby when waking up! I shake when I am shocked/scared so maybe we are just a family who shake lots.

I think it must be scary for them if they wake from a nap and they are in a cafe when they went to sleep on the bus, especially if they can't see mummy right away, I would be scared if I woke up in a random place all alone! I will make sure to turn his pushchair towards me as much as possible :)

Yes!!!!my LO shakes when he naturally wakes up. I keep meaning to google it but I forget all the time!! I'd say he's been doing it a couple of weeks now.

Holly still does this when she wakes from a deep sleep. She is often confused about what's happening and where she is, even though she always naps on me. We call them the Holly wobbles! :haha:

That's so cute that you call them the holly wobbles!

I hope he grows out of it, it seems to upset him, his little eyes go so big.

My son did it once! He woke up and I started hoovering and he was shaking half from just waking up and half scared of hoover. I was so worried. Feel better now

My LO does it everytime...she has for awhile now. I'm not too worried about it

my daughter does this if I wake her up when I did monday nights at college if oh was at work id have to go pick her up from FIL at 10pm she'd always be asleep when i got there and would wake up shaking when I woke her to take her home :( I always felt sorry for her

Darragh has done this once, he was really jerking and it scared me, but he was ok after and didn't do it since, so I worry too much about it, but it's good to know it's reasonably common

Yes she does on occasion and looks quite confused. It goes away in about a minute.

My daughter does this right before having a wee when she wakes up! X

My one year old daughter does this it takes her ages to stop too. Is it bad or okay ?? So confused x

My LO does it if I ever have to wake her for any reason! It's awful though :D I HATE waking her up as it is but to have her shake makes me feel even worse!! She's fine aftter about 30 seconds.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->