Does anybody have a Jane Slalom Pro Pram??

BabyHaines

Mummy to baby George!!
Reaction score
Really like this pram, so wondering if anybody has any reviews??
Thank you!! Xxxx

I dont have one, but this is my first choice I think they look/sound fab!!

I have but i haven't yet used it as baby not here yet.

But i was talking to someone else with one and they love it we were in the middle of a huge dog walk and their LO was fast asleep all snuggled up.

I love mine and i cannot wait to use it i decided on this as when i am walking the hounds on my own i will be wearing the baby but with OH we wanted a pram / pushchair which can go off the road

We have it and I love it. My in-laws bought it for us when I was pregnant last time and we got it because we live in a little seaside village and the saleswoman recommended it for 'off-roading' on the beach etc. It's very sturdy and comfy but the only drawback is the tiny basket underneath - you'd get one shopping bag in there, max. I found the car seat a doddle to use and it clipped on and off the frame with ease.

I have bought the carrycot for the next bub as I felt it was something I would have benefitted from the first time. We live about 30mins from nearest decent shopping centre so I feel it is too long for a baby to be in the car seat for the entire round trip.

We have it and I love it. My in-laws bought it for us when I was pregnant last time and we got it because we live in a little seaside village and the saleswoman recommended it for 'off-roading' on the beach etc. It's very sturdy and comfy but the only drawback is the tiny basket underneath - you'd get one shopping bag in there, max. I found the car seat a doddle to use and it clipped on and off the frame with ease.

I have bought the carrycot for the next bub as I felt it was something I would have benefitted from the first time. We live about 30mins from nearest decent shopping centre so I feel it is too long for a baby to be in the car seat for the entire round trip.

Depends which car seat as mine came with the Matrix pro which can lie flat like a carry cot or it can be used upright in a few postions in the pram or an upright carry cot.

I agree about the shopping basket but most 3 wheelers have smaller baskets

I have just come back from holidays in Wales and i saw quite alot of them on the beaches too

I have one and I am thinking about selling it.

My son has had it since birth. The matrix car seat is small for a carrycot, heavy and fiddly to put in the car. The pushchair itself is lovely except my son slouches. I feel he wont fit in it properly until he is about 2 (and he is big) as the bottom strap is too far low. The seat also doesnt sit him up properly which he gets cross at. As said the shopping basket is far too small.

It is gorgeous, very padded and warm. Great to push. Would be fantastic for country or seaside areas. :)

Thanks for the replies ladies. I am very taken with this pram, although online reviews do seem really mixed - a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it!!

I agree Weeplin that it does seem like an off-road pram, although that's fine by me, as that's what I'll be doing mostly.

I think I am going to call my local authority tomorrow and speak to their car seat advisor, just to make sure they recommend it. I love the fact it is better for bubs to lie flat, but of course, it must be super safe. If I get the green light from them, looks like this will be the one :) Whoopie!! xxxx

I have decided not to sell mine now! Its too nice! I have just picked up a quattro tour deluxe for asda trips! lol

Thanks for the replies ladies. I am very taken with this pram, although online reviews do seem really mixed - a bit like Marmite - you either love it or hate it!!

I agree Weeplin that it does seem like an off-road pram, although that's fine by me, as that's what I'll be doing mostly.

I think I am going to call my local authority tomorrow and speak to their car seat advisor, just to make sure they recommend it. I love the fact it is better for bubs to lie flat, but of course, it must be super safe. If I get the green light from them, looks like this will be the one :) Whoopie!! xxxx

I have the matrix cup car seat and i think it is one of the best and one lots of awards here and in Europe although i cannot remember off the top of my head. I know Jane is a Spanish company and i think it is better known in europe and alsoty of the safety awards are from europe too

I had one and loved it, it was gorgeous to push, the only reason I sold it is because it wouldn't fit in our car boot and would only fit in my sisters with the wheels popped off (which is sooooo easy though lol!) The actual seat is massive and I think if you were using that from newborn you'd benefit from a cosy footmuff. The proper carrycot is amazing and really cosy, IMO cosier than the Matrix and also bigger. We had the rebel car seat for ours which was easy to clip on and off the chassis.

I would highly recommend the Slalom and if we'd had our bigger car at the time we would've kept it!

I got one 5 years ago and LOVED it... and I will definately buy it for my next baby.

The only fault for me was the car seat... when I took the (lay flat) car seat off I found it really difficult especially when I was on my own loading it in the car. I had many moments with it, I think people thought I was going insane when I was shouting at the thing to come off... I mean... I was lucky my son didnt ping out with me pulling and pushing for it to come off, id get one side loose and unlocked then id have to hold it up with great difficulty and try to get the other side.. NIGHTMARE!! But all in all, I did actually love it... VERY STURDY, I travelled with it all the time! I never had a problem with it... I am actually having to go back to England purely to purchase this pram as I cannto get one in the States where I live now!

it looks like I am going to buy one from a friend. It is in fantastic condition, and - although not the colour I wouldve chosen (grey oneside and bright yellow the other :) I love it!!
She only wants £175 and that's for buggy, matrix cup, raincovet and the very warm footmuff - she also said she'd give me a special Australian parasol she had :)
I am so chuffed. I can't wait to use it!!
Ooooh, and the colour is growing on me!! Xx

oooh - and Kobbers - I think it now just 'clicks off' the chassis with a button in handle (I think??)xx

Thats the exact colour I have. Coal it is called. I love the colour and yeah the matrix just clicks off with a button on the handle. Have fun with it! :)

We don't have the Jane Slalom but we do have the Matrix cup car seat. The lying flat feature of it has really suited Ben. He absolutely adores his seat (see in my profile photo left) and if he won't sleep in his cot he will go straight to sleep in the car seat at night time. The seat itself is really sturdy, my only criticism of it is that its quite heavy to carry around.

We don't have the Jane Slalom but we do have the Matrix cup car seat. The lying flat feature of it has really suited Ben. He absolutely adores his seat (see in my profile photo left) and if he won't sleep in his cot he will go straight to sleep in the car seat at night time. The seat itself is really sturdy, my only criticism of it is that its quite heavy to carry around.

I agree it is heavy but i do quite like that as it feels really safe and well made

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->