Does anyone else experience this? - ASD

anita665

Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd
Reaction score
DS acts pretty much normally around others, within the limits of his problem. He doesn't break down into tantrums with others and seems quiet and shy.

Then when he gets home it all comes out on me. It will often be tantrum after tantrum about anything and nothing. He will build up and there is nothing I can say or do to stop him. I've just got to let him get on with it and wait for it to finish but it's horrible. He will be screaming at the top of his voice and follow me everywhere. It can be so draining.

He does do it with his dad a bit but he always says it's because I'm there. I'm not sure if that is true but he only does it with his dad if he has been around lots. If he's been working a lot and DS hasn't seen much of him then he treats him like anyone else.

Last night DS was sitting watching something on TV with daddy and I was on the computer. DS was happy with daddy, cuddling him. Then at the end of the program he would come to me, start welling up and break down about a particular episode he wanted on even though daddy had the TV remote. This happened 4 or 5 times. He would not tell daddy and just keep coming to me and kicking off.

:cry:

The tantrums are pretty bad here...and go on and on. But my God...the fears!!! It just snowballs. I dont think she tantrums at school too much, but she does have hard times adjusting. I just took her out last night and she reaaally struggled. I had my hands FULL. She is more work than my 2 year old. I get alot of looks. Eff them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->