Does anyone else 'plan' christmas?

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
Does anyone else obsess about menus / activities / guests / decorations / outfits etc over the xmas period ?

We are having a stay at home one this year which is totally different and I keep planning and obsessing what it will be like and what we'll do

Can't discuss it with oh as he just thinks I'm mad!!

Yes, yes, yes and YES!!
I plan everything!! Down to how many boxes of chocolates i need, who will be where and when. What food people enjoy, plan three seperate food lists one for each day. Even plan what and when things will need prepping/cooking. I have already got my order form for my meats and will be putting it in the first day i can (4th november)
i plan not only what i will wear but dh and ds also. Even have a basic run down of the day written.

However I am a bit mad and do have ocd tendancies so im prob a bit extreme :haha:

Haha I thought I was a bit ocd! I'll plan a rough idea so everyone knows what's coming next, what we're eating on each day and have outfits all clean and ironed ready, bags packed for visiting family down south, etc, but the actual days are pretty loose. Eat when hungry/food ready (prepped day before), visitors will pop in as we're in pjs probably and we'll exchange gifts and have a posh coffee and cookies we baked day before... Hmm, actually have it a bit more planned in my head than I thought :haha: x

Last year when we were at home yes! Going to my parents this year so trying to chill and take a step back now.

Me. I'm a bit crazy like this. I need to have lists for everything and if I don't I feel like I've lost control. I write down what we are eating, clothes I need keeping aside, what time everyone's coming round, what jobs I need to do, what gifts I have and I tick them all off as i lay them out Christmas eve. I have lists for each person and what paper it's going to be wrapped in. I clearly have way too much time on my hands.
Generally on the day we eat when we are hungry, and have our high dinner at the same time as usual. For the day I just like to know when people are popping by so I can be ready and dressed and have snacks out and drinks ready.

I plan...then on the day hubby tells m to shut up :cry:

No. I'm make a list of the food we will want and if I think we need more decorations once they come out I'll make a note of what areas need something and pick those up as I go. The kids stay in pj's and dh and I will wear a Christmas jumper. I don't do stress at christmas and if I focused too much on planning I would obsess and then I would stress that things didn't turn out the way I wanted

YES! The planning is half the fun!

I plan to an extent. Last year I put so much pressure on myself I made myself ill, I'm not doing that this year!

Yes I totally over plan and then usually nothing goes to the plan and I hate it so this year I'm trying to keep everything more relaxed. I still have millions of lists though!

Yes I plan everything. I have lists and plans for everything even down to what cooking equipment I need.

My parents are coming to Christmas this year and I haven't spent Christmas Day with them in over 10 years so I'm looking forward to treating them.

No, not really, we always stay home on Christmas day, with an open invitation to our families (we just need to know who is coming for dinner, so we cook enough food!). I do write out a plan for cooking dinner, with times everything needs to be done, just so that everything can be ready at the same time, helps stop me stressing. Otherwise we do whatever we feel like, when we feel like it. There does tend to be a natural routine to some aspects, though, but it doesn't matter if something changes. To me Christmas is for relaxing and spending quality time with loved ones, I feel like over planning would spoil that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->