Does anyone else suffer from upper back pain?

Mumtobe20

Reaction score
My problems all started when I was 17 weeks pregnant I started getting pain on my right side of my upper back near my shoulder blades. I thought nothing of it just thought it was another pain related to pregnancy. However it continued so I went to the doctor they confirmed it was caused by extra weight during pregnancy. When I was 37 weeks I went to the doctor again as I had coughed up a bit of phlegm (not sure if thats how is spelt) and there was a tiny bit of blood in it. The doctor sent me to hospital for blood tests for a suspected blood clot in my lung he said some pregnant woman get it anyway tests came back fine. They were going to do a chest x-ray but wouldnt as I was still pregnant at the time. The next day I had my son not sure if the stress of that caused my early labour. The back pain went away for about 3 weeks then returned and has been on and off since then my son is nearly 6 months, this is driving me crazy I just want to get to the bottom of it and find out whats causing it. I went to the doctor again when my son was 4 months old and the same doctor who sent me to hospital is now saying its a muscular pain. I dont think it is certainly doesnt feel like it. Some days are better than others. Im just worried that its maybe something to do with my right lung I was a smoker but I have stopped in the last week, I made the mistake of googling upper back pain and coughing up phlegm with a tiny bit of blood in it when I was pregnant and it came up with a list of diseases such as bronchitis, lung cancer etc. Although I have stopped coughing up phlegm with a tiny bit of blood in it, I am still really worried somethings not right and pissed off the doctors wont listen. Has anyone suffered from this. Im really sorry for the long post and life story thanks x

My problems all started when I was 17 weeks pregnant I started getting pain on my right side of my upper back near my shoulder blades. I thought nothing of it just thought it was another pain related to pregnancy. However it continued so I went to the doctor they confirmed it was caused by extra weight during pregnancy. When I was 37 weeks I went to the doctor again as I had coughed up a bit of phlegm (not sure if thats how is spelt) and there was a tiny bit of blood in it. The doctor sent me to hospital for blood tests for a suspected blood clot in my lung he said some pregnant woman get it anyway tests came back fine. They were going to do a chest x-ray but wouldnt as I was still pregnant at the time. The next day I had my son not sure if the stress of that caused my early labour. The back pain went away for about 3 weeks then returned and has been on and off since then my son is nearly 6 months, this is driving me crazy I just want to get to the bottom of it and find out whats causing it. I went to the doctor again when my son was 4 months old and the same doctor who sent me to hospital is now saying its a muscular pain. I dont think it is certainly doesnt feel like it. Some days are better than others. Im just worried that its maybe something to do with my right lung I was a smoker but I have stopped in the last week, I made the mistake of googling upper back pain and coughing up phlegm with a tiny bit of blood in it when I was pregnant and it came up with a list of diseases such as bronchitis, lung cancer etc. Although I have stopped coughing up phlegm with a tiny bit of blood in it, I am still really worried somethings not right and pissed off the doctors wont listen. Has anyone suffered from this. Im really sorry for the long post and life story thanks x

oh im sure its nothing serious, im too suffering with upper back pain along with stomach cramps and burning, im too stressed out im googling all the time and finding serious diseases! it frightens the life outta me :cry: so i understand where u r coming from, have u had the chest x-ray yet? are u getting n e other symptoms? heartburn etc? bad tummy? Xx

Its horrible I just wish it would go away. Have you found out whats causing your back pain, cramps etc? I constantly worry about the smallest of things but this is really getting me down. I have a few other symptoms like chest pain occasionally, heartburn and when I get up in the mornings I sometimes feel a bit sick but im never sick it kind of feels like acid burning in the back of my throat if you get me its hard to describe it but thats been there for a while so dont know if its related. Thanks for your response x x

Its horrible I just wish it would go away. Have you found out whats causing your back pain, cramps etc? I constantly worry about the smallest of things but this is really getting me down. I have a few other symptoms like chest pain occasionally, heartburn and when I get up in the mornings I sometimes feel a bit sick but im never sick it kind of feels like acid burning in the back of my throat if you get me its hard to describe it but thats been there for a while so dont know if its related. Thanks for your response x x

hi no havent found the cause but ive been tested for h.pylori a bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers that came back negative, i also went for an ultrasound on my liver kidneys and gallbladder thinking it was my gallstones, but no stones were found so going up the doctors for results 2day, he wanted to see me just as a rountine appointment but me being me all paronoid managed to get in this morning cos there was a cancelation! maybe u have a stomach ulcer they tend to bleed worth mentioning to the doc they also cause reflux and can mimic many symtoms Xx

Thats not good hope you get the the bottom of it and find out what it is. Good luck when you go to the doctors hun, let me know how you got on. I never actually thought about that thanks I will mention it to my doctor next week x x

hi nothing serious was found on my ultrasound, liver, spleen and pacreas are fine little polyp in gallbladder and a small cyst on kidney again doc sed thats nothing to worry about and doesnt cause any pain so now im back 2 square 1, he doubled my dose of anitacids and if symptoms get worse i gotta go back for a camera down my throat 2 have a look about :flower: but if the doctor said im fine and nothing to worry about then im happy and not going to google, maybe u should stop googling Lol my worst enemy! Let me know how u get on at the doctors to and feel free to PM me Xx

i suffer with bad upper back pain but mines muscles as i can feel how tight it is

have you been to the chiropractor? might be wirth a vist your back could be out of line x

Thats great its nothing serious im sure you will be relieved :) I got an appointment for next week will let you know how it goes. I think I should stay away from google too lol have spent too much time worrying about it the only way to solve that is to go to the doctors thanks for your advice though :) x x

i suffer with bad upper back pain but mines muscles as i can feel how tight it is

have you been to the chiropractor? might be wirth a vist your back could be out of line x

No I ve not been do you know if its any good? I have an appointment at the doctors so will see what they say and take it from there. Last time I went to the docs he was saying I should maybe get physio so could give that a try thanks x

Thats great its nothing serious im sure you will be relieved :) I got an appointment for next week will let you know how it goes. I think I should stay away from google too lol have spent too much time worrying about it the only way to solve that is to go to the doctors thanks for your advice though :) x x

yep let us know how u get on :thumbup: Xx

id def recomend going they will be able to sort the probelm staright away if its bone or muscle the doctor will just refer to physio who will only give excercies

on you can spare 30 to 40 its worth going i see once a month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->