does anyone have advice on stomach muscle seperation

littlejenx

Reaction score
hi
my baby is 10 months and was a c-section birth. since then i feel like there is a dip in my tummy, that yucky roll of fat seems to have a gap in the middle. does this mean the muscles have seperated and is there a way to check for sure? should i go to the doctor about it?
Many thanks in advance for any one that has any advice
x

I can't say if what you have is seperation or related to your c-section, but I can tell you what mine looked like. When I lay down my tummy looks flat but if I feel down the middle I can feel the edges of my muscles where they have come apart (if that makes sense). When I stand up, where the seperation is I get an obvious bulge out. I would think that if the dip in your tummy is still there when you stand up then it's less likely to be seperation.

Your doctor will be able to say for sure and I know that shortly after I had my little boy my GP was happy to refer me to a physio for some special exercises to pull the muscles together.

HTH.

Read my thread. It's "skinny fat". I have a 4 finger width muscle separation. There are 2 good websites I will invite you to read and start the exercises to close the gap:

https://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html

AND

https://www.abseparationrehab.com/Tupler-Technique.html

The first link is really good. I recommend doing all the stuff on there. There are videos to watch so you can do the exercises. The second link is more about the exercises but I am not buying the splint because your muscles need to regain their strength on their own - not with some piece of clothing holding your muscles together.

Warning, though, it may take months if your gap is as big as mine. DO NOT do any crunches or ab exercises until the gap has closed or it will make the gap larger and harder to close. Also no core exercising either. GOOD LUCK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->