Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions about Soy Isoflav.

luvmydoggies

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I went over to the TTC thread that was not age specific..and read women get bfp's with SI. Since, I'm 37 .....38... on the 27th...and have regular cycles...was debating trying the soy Iso, aka 'natures clomid' Have any of you 35+ gotten a bfp with soy iso, who had reg. cycles?:shrug:

thanks in advance!:hugs::hugs:

I haven't tried it, but had considered it. My reasoning for not trying it is that my cycles are regular and I do ovulate. I didn't want to mess that up. I have been on Clomid, however.

If you go to the discussions page, there is a thread about soy and it looks to be much bigger than the one on the TTC forum. You might find your information there.

I have tried it several times, and for me its really not a good thing, both times i used it, i was temping, and my temps never went up and i did not ovulate until way late, so late in fact that i ovulated 7 days before af showed, now i know for each woman its different, but for me i would have to say stay away from it!!

I haven't tried it, but had considered it. My reasoning for not trying it is that my cycles are regular and I do ovulate. I didn't want to mess that up. I have been on Clomid, however.

If you go to the discussions page, there is a thread about soy and it looks to be much bigger than the one on the TTC forum. You might find your information there.

Same here...considered it, but decided not to go for it for the same reasons. I think Wooly? tried it, but took it way too long?....

If you have an irregular cycle or know for certain that you don't ovulate, it would make sense to try it...But for those that don't have those issues...it doesn't seem to give a 'stronger ovulation' like Clomid.

Same here...considered it, but decided not to go for it for the same reasons. I think Wooly? tried it, but took it way too long?....

If you have an irregular cycle or know for certain that you don't ovulate, it would make sense to try it...But for those that don't have those issues...it doesn't seem to give a 'stronger ovulation' like Clomid.

Like Clomid, there is also the issue of timing to get one large egg versus several smaller ones. Since there is no monitoring with soy, I'm very leery of it.

Like Clomid, there is also the issue of timing to get one large egg versus several smaller ones. Since there is no monitoring with soy, I'm very leery of it.

Yes, me too....

BTW, I just read an article about the medical community starting to move away from prescribing Clomid without monitoring...

Thank you ladies for your imput- it is truly appreciated. I guess the only reason why I was asking..is because I want a baby so much! Dh and I have been trying for so long...It seems it gets harder as the days go on. I have a neighbor accross the way...he is in his 50's and has two children with his ex-wife....he met some young women in her 20's on the internet. Once, they had their blinds open, with the lights on...I was walking up to my house, just looked up for a mo. and there they were going at it like rabbits....I looked down really fast...was kind of mortified... and went into the house...not long after...I see our neighbor the 50 yr old man holding a baby! I was like wow! I didn't even know she was pg. (his young flame). Well, the baby is getting bigger now and I hear him talking and making cute baby noises..he is so adorable but at times hearing him...I get sad. I know there is no magic pill not to mention fertility costs over here are crazy with insurance barely ,covering anything! I'm getting desperate, I guess and willing to try anything. I know you will all understand...that is why I posted this extremely long message.....thanks for listening.....xxxxx:flower:

I am also hearing more and more about Tamoxifen, I think there is a thread here in this forum about it...I guess it's similar to Clomid.

While I certainly understand the frustration of TTC, the forums can be a dangerous place for anyone looking to self medicate. I think, myself included, that we forget that the women who post here are just a very tiny fraction of the women who are struggling with TTC and that the pluses and minuses of any drug/supplement need to be read with that in mind.

That's just this Korean's opinion, lol.

Thank you! I certainly don't want to self medicate myself. Dh and I are going to seek and RE for help at the end of August. I really don't want to mess with my reg. cycle and I do ovulate and to mess with that, would be scary.
Thank you!!!!!:hugs:

Thank you! I certainly don't want to self medicate myself. Dh and I are going to seek and RE for help at the end of August. I really don't want to mess with my reg. cycle and I do ovulate and to mess with that, would be scary.

Oh I wasn't referring to you, I mean just in general. I hope I didn't offend! :hugs:

Oh I wasn't referring to you, I mean just in general. I hope I didn't offend! :hugs:

Oh no, you didn't offend me at all...I really appreciate the feedback!:hugs:

Macwooly had a bad experience with this stuff, so I'd talk to her first.

I thought about adding it myself but once I read up about it, it did seem to delay ov for quite a few people, and after my delayed ov this cycle (which was either EPo or residual BCP in my system, I can't be sure) I didn't want to risk it, as my second month of temping has confirmed that I do seem to be ovulating regularly.

For me having an OH that is away half the time I can't risk anything that will shift my cycle, a couple of days in either direction will mean I ov when he's not home :dohh:

Soy :nope: :growlmad: :nope: I did take it and won't go near it every again :nope:

Mine was a little different I was told by what I thought was a trusted source to take it but they advised more days than I think you are supposed to take it (I think people take it for 5 days and I was told to take it for 10 days).

I wasn't temping so don't know if I ovulated or not but I always used to have cycles of approx 26-30 days but the cycle I took soy I had a 47 day cycle :nope:

I am fortunate as I have been taking EPO, Vitamin B complex; B6 and fish oil/flaxseed for a number of months for controlling my depression so not having to worry about trying those and messing with my cycle.

I agree reading the forums it is so easy to be tempted with supplements people are claiming to have BFPs with but I have learnt to be careful with what I take. But I do temp now and as it seems I am ovulating on my own I won't be adding anything more to my supplements.

I fully understand you asking and when you have such a strong desire for a baby of your own then it is easy to be tempted but soy could so easily mess up what you have and possibly increase your stress.

It is easy for me to say just keep doing what your doing but maybe until you see the RE that is the best option :hugs:

@Macwooly- I am so glad that the supplements have worked for your depression! That's wonderful.

I know I had a rant about EPO but I'm now 7DPO and so far I'm not getting the usual hormonal spots on my chin, so it might have done some good this month as well.

Jury is still out though, we'll see what happens in next day or two

I used IS for two cycles and I found it shortened my cycle by 5 full days and I was getting positive OPK on CD7 .. way to early since AF lasted 6 days..
I have heard good and bad things about IS but it's not for me !

I know I had a rant about EPO but I'm now 7DPO and so far I'm not getting the usual hormonal spots on my chin, so it might have done some good this month as well.

I stopped taking it after your post! Lol.:happydance:

I stopped taking it after your post! Lol.:happydance:

LOL you mean you just about choked on your grapefruit juice reading my post????? :wacko:

What was wrong with EPO?
When r u testing? :dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back