does anyone know an easy recipe for sausage meat

lillysmum

Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys
Reaction score
my OH just got me a pack of sausage meat from the local shop and i have no idea what to cook with it, any ideas on easy things to make with it as i am a bit of a novice in the kitchen.

lol i never even thought, that would be a great use of it! I have decided to go with a sausage pie which looks fairly simple, i will post pictures and the recipe if all turns out well

if not i will give the sausage rolls a go :)

I Love sausage en-croute, basically its like a giant sausage roll. Or mix stuffing (paxo or the like) with the meat and bake in the oven until cooked. Its really good with chicken or turkey.

Scotch eggs, boil some eggs, wrap sausage meat around them, roll in egg then breadcrumbs and bake in the oven or deep fry..blooming gorgeous!!

Beef and Sausage Lasagna
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 cup chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano
1 teaspoon crushed dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1(16-ounce) package lasagna noodles
1 (16-ounce) container cottage cheese
1 (16-ounce) container ricotta cheese
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oil in a large saucepan or 4 1/2-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, sausage, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned and onion is translucent; drain. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare lasagna noodles according to package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Stir together cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a medium bowl; set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
When sauce is ready, make three equal layers of lasagna noodles, cheese mixture then meat sauce.
Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and browned. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 12 mintues. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting

Sausage plait
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/sausageplait_83741.shtml

You can do a lot with sausage! I have a recipe for a sort of "faux" shepherds pie that uses sausage instead of other meat, and instead of regular mashed on the top, uses mashed sweet potatoes and mashed butternut squash with curry powder. The sausage is browned with onions, adding peas, carrots and corn, if you like. Then mix with heavy cream and a blended egg to bind. Assemble and baked until browned.

This might be totally american, but we make breakfast burrito's in our house:

tortillas filled with browned sausage, onions, jalapeno's, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Makes for a yummy cold weather-on-the run breakfast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->