Does anyone know anything about getting pregnant whilst on the Pill?

BeccaBeau

Reaction score
I am currently taking Microgynon 30. If I were to get pregnant, although very rare, does anyone know what would happen? Thanks x

I think they recoment you stop taking your pill and use comdoms if you suspect you could be pregnant, apart from that i can think of anything else to add.

As this is the waiting to try section, I would say it is unlikely anyone will know. I would recommend talking to your doctor or NHS direct.

I think you just stop taking the pill- don't think the pill harms the baby though in the short term.

hi hun, i caught pregnant on the pill, an so did my mum and aunty, i miscarried twins as a result of catching on the pill. xxx

My sister got pregnant while she was on the pill. I'm not sure what they told her to do, but 9 months later she had my first nephew...

I am currently taking Microgynon 30. If I were to get pregnant, although very rare, does anyone know what would happen? Thanks x

I am in the same situation, kind of. I stopped taking my pill a week ago as me and my partner want children. I am waiting 6 months before we try as the nurse said it ensures the pill is completly out of my system... it also gives us chance to get everything ready hehe x

I got pregnant off of the pill. When I finally figured out I was pregnant I mentioned my fears to my doctor. She said that the embryo is so well protected in the very beginning (nature's way of protecting the baby when we don't know it's there) that it'd be fine.

Most people wouldn't go more than a regular month anyways though, right? You would either stop taking the pill for 7 days or take your placebos and then not get your period... then test. Unless I'm missing something about this type of BCP?

I was taking the pill while i was pregnant with Tabs (i didnt know i was) but she was fine. I asked the docs and they werent bothered.

hi hun, i caught pregnant on the pill, an so did my mum and aunty, i miscarried twins as a result of catching on the pill. xxx

I am so sorry to hear about that. How did you find out you were pregnant? Did you just not bleed in the inbetween week? Thanks x

My sister got pregnant while she was on the pill. I'm not sure what they told her to do, but 9 months later she had my first nephew...

Do you know how she found out? Did she just not bleed in the inbetween week? Thanks x

I got pregnant off of the pill. When I finally figured out I was pregnant I mentioned my fears to my doctor. She said that the embryo is so well protected in the very beginning (nature's way of protecting the baby when we don't know it's there) that it'd be fine.

Most people wouldn't go more than a regular month anyways though, right? You would either stop taking the pill for 7 days or take your placebos and then not get your period... then test. Unless I'm missing something about this type of BCP?

You take the BCP for 21 days, then have 7 Pill-free days, in which you come on your "period" However this "period" isnt real, like it would normally be if you werent on the Pill, it is manufactured by the Pill. So technically, would I still bleed in my week off, even if I was PG? x

I was taking the pill while i was pregnant with Tabs (i didnt know i was) but she was fine. I asked the docs and they werent bothered.

How did you find out that you were pregnant? Did you still have your bleed in the week off? Thanks x

I got pregent on the pill, I was on mini pill thou which works differently so I can't answer that question sorry. I was 8 weeks preg by the time I put 2 + 2 together and got 4 and had taken the pill the whole time.

I spoke to the doc about this as I was concerned and was told that they mimic naturally found hormones so the baby would be fine.

Hope this helps :D

You take the BCP for 21 days, then have 7 Pill-free days, in which you come on your "period" However this "period" isnt real, like it would normally be if you werent on the Pill, it is manufactured by the Pill. So technically, would I still bleed in my week off, even if I was PG? x

Hmm... not likely, but you never know! I got pregnant while on BC and I didn't get my period during the week that I was due to... so that's how I knew that I was. :blush:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->