does anyone know when i can start to give jack

violet 73

mum to 4, 3 boys & 1 girl
Reaction score
squash ? i know it has to be sugar free but just wondered when he can have it . x

just wondered what age everyone gave there little ones squash , as baby juice works out pretty expensive the ammount jack goes through . x

I haven't given squash but i do water down fresh juice. I think you'd be fine doing it now if you wanted to.

i don't know really. one suggestion would be to gradually water down the baby juice so that your lo is drinking water and then give the flavoured stuff as a treat rather than the norm.

I would not give squash but try cordial like robinsons no added sugur but only put a tiny bit at the bottom of cup. Only give cordial/juice drinks at meal times and milk/water in between to keep those developing peggies in good shape x

Sugar free drinks contain sweeteneres,so keep that in mind.

I would do like other posts have said,buy 100% squeezed juice and just water it down,or add couple of drops of lemon to water etc ..

also,you culd try fennel tea? it's natural,wont be as expensive and has no sugar/sweeteners.

or any tea for that matter,you can buy regular camomile tea as it soothes and calms babies.

I would not give squash but try cordial like robinsons no added sugur but only put a tiny bit at the bottom of cup. Only give cordial/juice drinks at meal times and milk/water in between to keep those developing peggies in good shape x

thanks the only problem is he isn,t keen on water , but when he drinks pop i get him to drink through a straw as he has one of those cups with a straw . violet

er.. your asking advice about sugar free squash when you give your child 'pop'?!!!

er.. your asking advice about sugar free squash when you give your child 'pop'?!!!

No need for this comment. Pop could be anything my daughter used to call juice pop.

OP - As others have said try giving your LO watered down juice. Caitlin LOVES watered down Apple Juice just gradually add more and more water until LO doesn't realise what they are drinking! :thumbup:

most sugar free squahes have sweetners in which can be just as bad and lead to hyperactivity.
Baby squashes often have high amounts of sugar in, our HV said that some times they have 2x times as much sugar as regular swuash.
You are better to get fresh fruit juice and mix with water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->