Does anyone know when they actually ovulated after a positive OPK?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So i've read that a positive OPK doesn't necessarily mean you are ovulating THAT day and that it can be 12-36 hours after

I just wondered if anyone knows from ttc previously when they actually ovulated after getting a positive OPK?

i got a positive a couple of days ago (Tuesday) and the OPK's i've been doing since Tuesday are still dark but not positives so i assumed that means i did ovulate etc... but have been getting lots of ECWM the last couple of days and i thought you are meant to get that before or when you ovulate?

I guess i'm asking if its possible that the positive on Tuesday was just a warning that I am going to ovulate, is it possible to actually ovulate a few days later? even though i'm not getting strong positive OPKs now?

Thanks x

You typically ovulate 18-36 hours after a positive, but that is only an average. Some women take longer to ovulate, some shorter. I temp as well as use OPKs, and I pinpointed that I ovulate about 12 -18 hours after getting a positive OPK.

EWCM can be present anytime during your fertile window, which is typically a 5-7 day span. If you got a positive on Tuesday and are still experiencing EWCM, you could just still be in your window, even though you probably ovulated on Wednesday or Thursday. Best of luck and lots of :dust: to you!!

You typically ovulate 18-36 hours after a positive, but that is only an average. Some women take longer to ovulate, some shorter. I temp as well as use OPKs, and I pinpointed that I ovulate about 12 -18 hours after getting a positive OPK.

EWCM can be present anytime during your fertile window, which is typically a 5-7 day span. If you got a positive on Tuesday and are still experiencing EWCM, you could just still be in your window, even though you probably ovulated on Wednesday or Thursday. Best of luck and lots of :dust: to you!!

Maybe it's delayed ovulation then? Just done another opk- would you ladies say this is positive ? X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 15
i'm the same, got my 1st positive yesterday morning and although not as strong now they are still positive. no idea when to put ovulation at if I even have :(

i'm the same, got my 1st positive yesterday morning and although not as strong now they are still positive. no idea when to put ovulation at if I even have :(

I still feel as though I could be ovulating now but I got a definite +opk on Tuesday so god knows ha

Going to dtd just in case

So confusing isn't it Hun x

I just posted my answer to this in another post. I have gotten two + OPK's now(yesterday and today) and today at 5am had tons of EWCM.. but then at 11:30 it had turned to creamy lotion.. and then now at 2:15 it was pretty dry and almost all gone. Our bodies are truly amazing and I learned so much by checking often. I for sure feel I nailed down my official O this cycle to between 5-11am :) Crazy eh, but really I don't think the CM would lie :)

I've found that mine vary. One cycle I Think I O'd about 2 days after the +OPK, and another it was the next day, and then on 2 of my cycles I O'd on the day of the +OPK. I pinpoint Ovulation by using BBT, plus checking CM. It varies per person, and for some people even per cycle (like me). You'll have to either check CM or BBT to confirm O.

I have only used opks for three cycles. I noticed my peak starts in the afternoon and then I hit my darkest test line the next morning or afternoon. 2/3 cycles, I ovulated the day I got a solid smiley IF I was only testing in the morning. 1 cycles I didn't ovulate until the day AFTER I would have gotten my first solid smiley IF I was only testing in the morning.

One cycle, I also used Target opks. I had nearly positive/ positive opks most of my cycle. I have to wait for the line to be darker than the control line. That one I tested positive the morning I got my first solid smile in the afternoon so the day before.

You can click the chart in my sig to see the charts from those cycles. I confirm O with BBT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->