does anyone know...

MrsMandy

Reaction score
...if pistaschios and cashews (plain ones not roasted or salted) are safe to eat when pregnant? my friend was told to avoid peanuts (and peanut butter :( ) as her husband suffers with excema and astma and she was told if she ate peanuts she was at an increased risk of baby having a peanut allergy. both me and hubby have bad excema an i hve mild asthma and i wondered if all nuts should be avoided just in case? Which would be annoying as thats something i think i could eat at the moment - theres not much i can stomach at the mo!

any help would be muchly appreciated! :)

If there is a known risk in your family of peanut allergy then it's best to avoid. However if no nut allergy in the family tuck in! I don't know how it effects asthma or eczema so can't comment on that bit.

I have a bag of peanut and cashew mix on my office desk right now I'm munching through lol x

I was told to avoid nuts in my first pregnancy in 2006/7 as that was what was told the normal then.

With DD I'm not allowed to eat nuts as OH has a nut allergy and I won't be able to this time. There is a slight increase in food allergies/intolerance if you have excema or asthma, however wasn't told not to eat nuts because of this. Ask your midwife what she recommends when you see her.

Thanks for the replies ladies - I will be seeing the midwife for the first time next week so I will ask. Really hope it will be OK as I really fancy them!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->