Does anyone put their ERF carseat in the frontseat?

Scarlett07

Reaction score
With the topic of carseats raised, does anyone put their rear facing carseat in the front seat?
I have the maxi-cosi pebble with the family-fix isofix base and have my 8 week old in the front passenger seat.

Anyone else do this? Would LO be safer in the back.

In the U.S. I don't think it's allowed to put baby in the front seat cause of the airbags. But not sure if it's like that everywhere else.

As I have a French car the isofix in the back is behind the driver's seat so there is also an isofix point in the front. I therefore have little one in the front in her rear facing carseat with the airbag turned off. If the isofix was behind the passenger seat I would probably have her in the back but it's not however in the front is perfectly fine by UK regulations as long as the airbag is turned off. X

Sorry, just to add after re-reading that I'm not sure what an ERF carseat is. I do this with my normal Cybex Aton baby carseat for my 3 month old. X

Some ERF seats are approved to be used in the front - my Volvo ERF seat can be used in the front seat. Check the manufacturers handbook. All airbags have to be turned off or removed though. We put the seat on the backseat as I have no idea how to turn off the airbags.

As long as the airbags are turned off, then the front seat is perfectly fine for your ERF seat.

https://www.carseat.se/are-car-seats-in-front-seat-safe/ has some more info, and there's another bit of that site which talks about the front seat but typically I can't find it just now :dohh:

not quite an ERF, but I have my Maxi Cosi Opal RF in the front seat (I only have a 2 seater car!!)
The airbags are turned off so it is perfectly safe and legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->