Does anyone suffer from visual migraines?

porkypig

Reaction score
I get them every now and again and they started a few years ago when i went on the pill for the first time. i dont necessarily get a headache with it but i know when it comes on as my vision goes a little blurry and i get what can be described as a kind of kaleidoscope in front of my eyes or something moving from side to side. i take some paracetemol, lay down and within 10 mins it goes. does anyone know why we get this?? xx:shrug:

Yes the hormones in the pill can cause it hun! What you are experiencing is called mirgraine with aura...I get migraines with aura about once a month.. they are horrible! I can tell they are coming on because my vision will go all blurry and sometimes my face/arm will start going numb right before the intense pain starts. Anyways I went off the birth control pill because that made it worse..they were also pretty bad during pregnancy and post partum... I dont know what to do now for birth control...I'm gonna have to use something without hormones.

yes hun I also get these - so much so that my vision goes completely & I am temporarily blinded

please tell your doctor you are getting these as you shouldn't be on the pill if you get them - I dont want to worry you but my doctor said there is an increased risk of stroke when this happens so you definitely need to speak to him about changing your method of birth control xx

thanks hun, do you think i should go to the doc? i told him ages ago and he changed the pill i was on. but its happening again with this one (Femulen) i only had it once near the end of my pregnancy. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->