Does anyone take allergy medication?

LoveMy2Boys2

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of allergy meds, have been fighting my sinuses for months now trying to avoid meds while preggie, at least te first tri..... I surrender.... I'm so worried about the side effects on baby.... My dr said Claritin, Zyrtec, Allegra are all fine.... Anyone take anything and feel good and safe?

I've taken both zyrtec and claritin. I have never had allergies but with the pregnancy I have developed them and was having the worst headaches. I didn't want to take anything in first tri either but I was miserable. Hope you find relief soon!

Oh yeah - I also bought a cool mist humidifier for our room at night. It helps me but makes hubs stuffy lol so I only use it on a bad day.

Thanks so much!!! I took a Claritin today.... I have bad the worst headaches ever, debilitating some days! I am on zofran for nausea that's a joke , doesn't help at all.... I came to the conclusion maybe it's these sinus headaches causing the nausea and I need to target these allergies first!

That was me! The day I broke was when I couldn't even get off the couch without feeling like my head was popping off! And yes my nausea calmed WAY down once the headaches subsided.

so is clarityn safe? I was always told you cant take anything at all.. but if clarityn is safe that will sure save my sanity! xx

I was taking Zyrtec for allergies before I got pregnant. I didn't end up needing them after I found out I was pregnant, but my doctor said they were very safe in pregnancy (category B). :)

I was taking Zyrtec for allergies before I got pregnant. I didn't end up needing them after I found out I was pregnant, but my doctor said they were very safe in pregnancy (category B), so that or a similar option would be fine and safe. :)

Thank you! I might bring it up with my midwife when i see her as prevalin doesnt work for me and i cant cope with all the pain and discomfort that comes wiht my hayfever! x

My dr told me Claritin , Allegra, Alavert ,and Zyrtec are all safe....and to never take anything with a D (decongestant : claritin D , alavert D, erc) in them.... My allergies have def subsided with the Claritin but my headache has me on the couch all day:/ maybe it will take a few days on the meds to finally feel some relief!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->