Does anyone want to share their birth experience through 1st, 2nd and 3rds?

I’ll add!

I had gestational diabetes with all 3 babies, diet controlled. Dd1 late diagnosis, no other risk factors.

Baby 1 - 39w - pessary induction, waters broke spontaneously a few hours later. No labour. Hormone drip 24 hours later. Hormone drip for 16 hours, baby born after 1hr + of pushing via forceps. 6lb 7oz

Epidural with dd1

Baby 2 - 39 weeks - prostin gel induction. Allergic reaction to prostin and dd2 hb dropped to 40 bpm. Meds to reverse hyper stimulation. No dilation. Waters broken after 12 hours, cord prolapse was resolved, immediately went into established labour. Dd2 born 1.5 hours later, hemorrhage and retained placenta. 7lb 7oz

Meptid injection and g&a with dd2

Baby 3 - 41 weeks - waters broken. No labour. Hormone drip. Labour kicked in some 6 hours after drip. Drip turned off due to hyper stimulation - baby born after 25 minute established labour, 7lb 1oz.

No pain relief except some lavender oil. Still hurt. lol.

I decided to bow out after what felt pretty perfect after number 3!!!

Wahoo you are the same gestation as me! I’m 30 weeks today, and CANNOT wait for it to be finished. Have you found that third pregnancy is so different?
I can’t wait to meet him.
Do you have a birth plan in mind? Xx

I'm 30 weeks today so there's literally one day apart with our babies! And yes! I've found this pregnancy extremely difficult, considering with my second pregnancy I had a 2 year old to look after, I had so much more energy and despite the early labour at 30 weeks, I was a picture of health! My two are 7 and 5 now and the most easy self sufficient kids but I still struggle with the daily tasks and pure exhaustion, I barely get through the day lol I do think it's the stress of a bigger baby taking it out on my body, baby boy is measuring 2 weeks ahead, but I dont think he will be exceptionally big, but I do think he will be bigger than my second that was 8lb 4oz, so when you take into account I'm only 5ft 3 and tiny myself, that extra weight carrying around is tiring Haha! I'm also carrying a lot of water, it's not an issue it's just at the higher end of the scale where as with my first two I had a lot less water to lug around!

As for a birth plan, I really want to try an epidural if I can, I've had two natural births and for my 3rd and final in would really like to see what an epidural feels like and how much of a difference it makes, and after two natural deliveries, I should be allowed to do that right? Haha what about you?

10 weeks left! X

#1 was 3 days late. Very long labour, had diamorphine, made me go to sleep so wasnt responding to my contractions. Was born via vontouse because heart rate dropped.

2# was 11 days late. Waters went night before, 11 hours from waters going to him being here. Just gas and air. (My biggest baby)

#3 3 days early, was induced to reduced growth. 5 hrs from start to finish. Was the worst labour for pain by a clear mile, but was the quickest and easiest. Also recovered alot quicker. Had no pain relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->