Does babys level of activity in the womb reflect the activity level outside the womb?

Kmx

Reaction score
What was everyone experience.

My son was so active in the womb - constant kicks & rolls & he is so so active since he was a baby. He would need constant interaction & entertaining. He achieved all his physical milestones super early too.

As a child he's still very active and needs regular opporthnities to let off steam & exercise. He's just overall very very active.

This baby in my tummy is a girl & she's super quiet compared to my son in the womb. I can go hours without feeling her & sometimes I do worry but then she'll do a massive roll or kick & I'll be reassured - but this has been the way she has been since day 1 so it's her normal.

I wonder if this means she may be a bit more relaxed once she's born.

What is others experiences?

I wouldn't say my LO was super active in the womb. She would have a very active time around 8-10 pm, but for the rest of the day I often couldn't feel her (except for the hiccups she seemed to have almost constantly). But she is a SUPER active baby and never stops moving unless she is asleep. She has so far hit all physical milestones early (rolling both directions by 12 weeks, crawling at 6 months, pulling to stand and cruising by 7 months). So for me I would say no, the level of activity in the womb did not reflect how active she is as a baby.

My first Lo I ended up with regular monitoring due to reduced movements, she was a very quiet and still baby who was extremely settled.

New baby was very active in utro especially on a night and guess what shes a very active alert baby who thinks night time equals party time.

It was accurate for my first two (active baby followed by quiet baby) but Emma was crazy active in the womb but isn't in real life at all. She just sleeps constantly!

Not necessarily true. The baby may just be sleeping while you're awake and more active while you're sleeping. I didn't notice that much excessive energy for Leo, but after his birth he was so wiggly that I could tell (months before he crawled) that he would be an early crawler. And now as a toddler, he has recently ramped up his energy and activity level.

my first son was so quiet in the womb - i thought for sure he would be a chill little dude. not so - his nickname is "the tornado" for a reason!

my second son was very active in the womb and is very active as well. i honestly think it doesn't matter!

My daughter was so quiet in the womb. I had many trips to the hospital to be monitored cause she literally never moved. She came out kicking and screaming and hasn't stopped since lol she's a very active 20month old now.
This one never keeps still, she's active all the time. I'm due in 2 weeks and praying she will be the opposite to her sister. I won't cope with 2 hyper children haha. X

My son was lazy in the womb. But he constantly moving now. He's 5.5 months and already crawling everywhere.

It's been true for both of mine, both were pretty quiet - dd so quiet that it was one of the reasons I was induced.

Absolutely true for me. Daughter was super active in the womb. Lots of hiccups too. She came out hardly ever sleeping, needing to be bounced to sleep, and very colicky. My son was super quiet, rarely any hiccups, overall I was sure he'd come out a super chill baby, and he is. He hardly cries, just quietly looks around the room when awake, great sleeper already, such a good easy baby. :)

My first wasn't as active as my second in the womb... Not sure if that's a second baby thing but my second boy was super active moving about 24/7 lol.. His a very active little baby outside the womb x

I think so to begin with, my first was a very active baby in the womb and was as a newborn. My second we were always in for reduced movement and she came out a very very sleepy newborn.

It wasn't true for me at all. Raven was so active in the womb. She was kicking right until the day she was born. She rolled and turned a lot, too. She had hours where her movement peaked. It peaked at about midnight, which often kept me up. She'd kick really, really hard then. So hard my stomach would move a lot. So hard that once she actually managed to kick my fiance even though he was an inch or two away from me. The amount she moved inside the womb was insane! The day she was born, the night before, her activity spiked. I don't know if that's normal right before labor or not? But it was like she didn't sleep at all that night.

However, now that she's born, she's not a very fussy or active baby. She's actually a pretty easy baby. My mom has said that I'm lucky (her first baby, my eldest sister, was very colicky, and very very active) to have an easy first baby. Of course, I don't always feel lucky. I'm still sleep deprived and exhausted, and Raven cluster feeds a lot. Regardless, her activity outside the womb is a lot less than it was inside.

The one thing I did notice that hasn't changed is hiccups. In the womb, she got hiccups a lot. I'd be lying in bed and could feel them in my lower stomach. The first few times, it was cute. After a while I commented to my partner that it was getting annoying, and that I preferred the kicking. She literally got hiccups in the womb 2-4 times a day. She does outside it, too. And I've realized, they annoy her just as much as they annoyed me. :haha:

My dd was really active in the womb, and still doesnt sit still. She is on the go from the second she wakes.

My son was so quiet and still in the womb that i bought a foetal monitor for peace of mind. He is the laziest child i know. Granted he was an early walker at 10 months but if he doesnt need to he wont walk. At almost a year he still sleeps 18 hours a day x

Ryan was super crazy in the womb, he seemed to move morning, noon and night without a break.
He is one years old now and never stops lol, even in his sleep he is on the go.
I think there may be some truth to it x

In my case it doesn't.

My DS moved around quite a lot in the womb (although not as much as DS2 - who isn't born yet!) and although he is quite active now (not overly though) as a baby he was very content just sitting/lying down playing with toys and didn't walk until he was 18 months and never got into anything he wasn't supposed to.

My DD moved very little in the womb (she still moved daily but only once every few hours - nothing like either of my boys!) and she is extremely inquisitive and is constantly on the move and trying to escape out of rooms when the door is left open for a nanosecond!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->