Does DH have a right to be mad?

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
DH is very upset with me tonight. I worked second shift, 8 hours, then decided to stay for third shift, making my shift a 16 hour shift. DH thinks that me not sleeping at night is putting too much stress on the baby. Is he right? Of course I feel tired but I don't feel unbearably exhausted. I work 16 hour overnights probably once per week. Usually work about 32 hours per week. I feel guilty wanting to work so much, especially if it could potentially be putting stress on the baby. It's hard for me to say no to open shifts though, especially because I don't get paid at all for maternity leave so I'd like to make as much as I can now to put some in savings. Plus, I make $7/hour more than DH does. Should I stop the 16 hour shifts or keep doing them as long as I don't feel too exhausted??

It sounds like he's just concerned for you and wants you to not be too tired. 16 hours is a long time. I work 12.5 hour shifts as a nurse and that's long enough, to be honest! I'm sure if you just say to him though that it's just to get some extra cash that he will be ok, on the promise that you don't over exert yourself! Just listen to your body. X

I agree with PP. He just wants to make sure you're being safe. If you can handle it, I say go for it. The savings would help during that period you're not earning a check during your leave. But don't over do it. If you're offered overtime on a day you're really exhausted, pay attention to your body. LO needs you in optimal condition.

If you feel you can do it then go for it. Is it physical work that you do?

I also work nights and am constantly being told that I need to stop working totally, it infuriates me so much! Are these people who tell me to stop working planning on paying all my bills for me?! Didn't think so.

I think as long as your managing hun its fine. xx

I think it comes down to how you feel in the end. With pregnancy it's a lot of listening to your body as other pps said. If you feel like you can cope, go for it.

I think it's a good thing that he is worried about you, it shows he will be a good Daddy because he is already worried about the baby. It's weird but I think sometimes it's hard for dads becuase it's their baby too, but they don't have the physical connection that we do when the baby's in the womb. Men like to be protectors of their family, but while baby is inside, they are totally helpless to protect the baby and I think that can be hard. I know my husband is always worrying about me being careful driving and lifting things, etc. I know when I'm OK becuase I can feel my body and I can feel the baby, but he doesn't get that reassurance, so I think it's stressful to him. So I would look at it that your husband is just trying to be a good father and is worried about you. Try reassuring him that you won't do anything that will stress you or the baby out and maybe he will feel better. But also, if he's still upset about you working 16 hours, it might be a nice thing just to respect that worry of his and work a little less.

His concern is really sweet. I do feel that as long as you are comfortable with the 16 hour stress then keep doing it. The baby doesn't sleep just when you sleep, and if it doesn't stress you out then I don't see it putting any stress on the baby either. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->