Does DH need a pre-conception appointment?

HippieJess

Mom to 1 sweet girl
Reaction score
I figured while I was WTT I'd get all my ducks in a row. I've already had a pre-conception visit with my gyn. I was wondering, though, if my DH should have a pre-conception visit with his doc, and if so, what should they go over? I thought I read somewhere that the guys should go in for a visit with their doc before trying to conceive.
Any ideas? Opinions?

Thanks!
Jess

All they would tell him is the same as you really - dont smoke, dont drink, no coffee etc and eat well.
I wanted my oh to last year and he refused - men
In the end he carried on as normal and didnt get stressed by it all and i think it worked wonders

xxx

I think it depends on whether you have any reason to suspect that something might be wrong. If not then eating well, not smoking and generally staying healthy should do the trick. Apparently he can also take vitamin c and zinc to help his little swimmers.

Generally speaking I think men only go in if there are problems conceiving. My sister tried for years before she managed to convince her husband to even get checked out and they only agreed to test him because they'd been trying for so long...

TBH a pre-conception visit (unless you think there might be something wrong) will IMHO probably be a waste of time. The ladies seem to have said it all, no smoking etc

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->