Does epidural hurt?

^WSS.

I got my epidural after 30 hrs of active labour and did not feel a think when they stuck me.

Nope. Didn't hurt as much as the monsterous contractions I was having. I begged for it.

I have had 10 children and 10 epidurals. By the time you get to the point where you need one and "can have one" you will be telling the anesthetist you love them! The painful contractions far outweigh the epidural.

I am glad I saw this thread, as I have been wondering myself. After having a labour with zero pain relief I refuse anything less than an epidural this time haha. The thought of the needle does make me cringe but surely it can't be as bad as a contraction.

Not sure if anyone has said this but you also never SEE the needle. I think vaccinations are more painful than the epidural. I have had two and can't get epidural because of complications I've had but honestly I would suggest them to anyone. The relief is amazing.

I can't answer because I haven't had one but I was CERTAIN I was going to get one my first time. I was 20 and baby was not planned and I was terrified. It was in my plan to have an epidural and I asked for it multiple times. Every time I was told it was too soon, then all of a sudden it was too late (my 1st labour was 22 hours..so they had plenty of time!). He was an 8.5 lb baby and though it hurt like hell I survived. 2nd time I was open minded.. knew I could do it without but still liked the thought of it. Labour with DD was only a few hours so I had no choice. This time I probably won't ask just because I know I've done it twice now and I was ok, but my best advice is just keep an open mind! Things may go exactly as planned or not at all and we were made to do this! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->