does everyone use a baby monitor?

catty

Reaction score
We bought an expensive video monitor but my neice was pretending it was a phone and has somehow broke it and we cannot get it to work!

Around the same time lucas outgrew his moses basket and we had a few nights where we tried to get him to sleep in a travel cot but he would wake every hour so now hes in his own room! ( without a monitor)

It has been two nights and each night he has slept through and today its 8.20am and hes still asleep he usually is up at 7.30am

Im just terrified that maybe I cant hear him cry!! Our rooms are right next to eaxh other and bith doors are open but im a little worried I cant hear him. Starting to think I shoukd buy another monitor?

Nathan is still sleeping in my room atm (no room in emilys but hopefully moving to bigger house soon) and he is upstairs for his naps and bed time... i didnt buy an expensive monitor as i didnt see the point, just a phillips avent one that lets me hear when LO is crying! When down stairs i cant hear a thing from upstairs and theres been time when ive forgot to switch on his monitor in the kitchen and he's been up there crying his wee heart out :cry: but yes, i do have a monitor and its on whenever he is upstairs xx

I've never needed one but only because my house is small and on one floor and I also have baby's room through 1 wall and have all doors open. I'm a light-ish sleeper so that helps too.

I used one from Christmas until July then it stopped working and I've not replaced it. I move darragh into his own room in August and I was worried I'd not hear him but trust me, if he wants you, you'll know about it!! I had the sleep consultant out last week and one of the things she aske was did I use a baby monitor and she said good when I told her no as it means I'm not over reacting to every little noise so he's more likely to self settle. My LO is 13 months though so prob older than yours

We have one with a sensor pad, it just gives me peace of mind as LO is quite a heavy sleeper. If it was me I'd replace ours if it broke as it's quite hard to hear LO if he's napping upstairs while I'm downstairs, we have to keep his door shut as we have a cat and I worry she will climb in his cot for a 'cuddle'.

I had one but I never used it. Our room is right next to hers and we can hear her. Plus our walls are like paper so that makes it easier to hear her.

Yes we have a Samsung video monitor, lo goes up to bed at 7 so I like being able to see her and we can't always here over the tv and other noises downstairs.

We have one when we are in the living room as we can't hear her from there. But we don't use it when we sleep as our rooms are next to hers. Unless she cries we look in on her half an hour after we put her to bed and just before going to bed (about 2-3 hours afterwards) so she has time to settle.

I only have a sound one.

We use one as phoebe goes to bed before us. I like hearing her snore lol. Plus she has a really quiet cry bless her so we wouldnt hear her until she got hysterical

I do, but I don't need one really. I'm in a flat, no where I can go without hearing him lol.

We had a video monitor which has recently broke, whilst its being sent off for repair we're using Skype as a baby monitor as we cant hear Logan crying from downstairs :nope:

We use a monitor. It has a sensor mat but it kept going off for no reason so we have turned it off.

When LO wakes up she doesn't cry (she does when she wakes from a nap but not in the morning). She lies in her cot and bangs on the headboard to let me know she is awake! I wouldn't hear it without the monitor (even though she is in the room next to us)!

Never used one, our house is tiny and the walls paper thin so we've never needed one.

I'm paranoid so have a sensor pad which also has sound! I couldn't use the sensor pad one night when staying with family cos we didn't have a secure surface in travel cot and i was checking her quite a bit! My mum said before monitors were around, there was just a lot of checking and broken sleep!

Yes because I'm always in the basement or in t he yard with the toddler when t he baby is napping

No monitors here but the house is small and Sophie is sleeping on the other side of the living room wall anyway.

We have a sound one and a video one (which is pretty low quality). We only used the sound one for a long time, but it stopped connecting and I'm not sure how to fix it so we're using the video one right now. It's pretty much useless except for the sound function. That's all I think is necessary and they can be cheap. I can't hear LO if I'm on the other side of the house for naps or outside (without the monitor). I would probably replace it if needed. I don't have one when he naps at my parents house and I can't hear him very well so sometimes when we finally hear him he's pretty upset. :(

We have a cheap sound only one and it's all we need.

We have only started using it as we have just started putting Sophie to bed before we head up. She goes to bed about 7.30 then I usually head up about 9 but I like having that peace of mind that's she's not crying in that short time :D

I think we would probably hear her but with the living room downstairs away from the bedroom and us watching TV it would take a while to hear her I think as she just usually grizzles rather than cries!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->