Does he need food?

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Last time Williams weight was checked it wasnt up to what it should be I put it down to teething but since that he dosnt seem to be interested in my breast milk at all, is more intersted in what I have to eat an staring at it. When I breast feed him he turns away, dosnt want it. I have stopped all distractions like the tv and its no good. when he is really hungry then he will take some but not enough like he used to. He has teething granules in him which calm him and the teeth are bothering him only not as much. This is the past 3 weeks he has showed signs of wanting more but now it seems my breast milk he dosnt want.

he takes juice now I started him on that a few days ago and he likes in.

Spoke to heath visitor about 2 weeks ago and then again few days ago an they have to say 6 months she says but i will know myself if he is ready before.

what do you start them out on? I must sound so thick :blush:

Milk will still be his main staple in his diet even when hes being weaned so I dont think weaning him is gonna help you much.
I'd try and hold off but if you really want to start you could try him with a few spoonfuls of baby rice and see how he reacts to it.

Only you know your baby hun. I started at 5 1/2 months, but not sure what I would have done if he wanted it sooner. Hope you find out what to do for the best!:hug:

I wont stop breast feeding him but meant something on the side like baby rice. Not a full 3 meals a day etc. I have seen this coming for 3 weeks now, I want to hold out even if I can get to 5 months. The HV said i would be doing good to get past 4 with him. He is a big boy but looks like he is skinnier to me. He has a bit of milk there, fell asleep on me. Just afraid to try him on something. Just once a day to see how he goes maybe?

Yeah, just try him. Dont expect him to take lots though, they usually spit it right out again at that stage LOL

+ I started weaning Amelie at 19 weeks so not too far off what William is now :)

yeah he didnt like pear juice and it was funny but likes the apple juice. I think darren is looking forward to that as t will give him something to do with him. I will have a look about in shops and slowly introduce him. Have to get him weight in 2 weeks again. Just worried about his weight as he has been steady up to now.

There should be no need to give juice at the moment. Solids maybe, when the time is right. If he isn't getting too much booby juice right now, the he is probably getting the foremilk, which is more like a drink and it's probably nutritious, filling hindmilk he's missing out on.

He doesnt need juice of water at all now... They only need that later once they are on 3+ meals a day.

Jasmine didnt have any weight gain from 2.5 months- 5 months... and she is FF...

I weaned her at 3 months because of her reflux and she did fine.

You will know when he is ready... One main sign is frequent waking and feeding in the night, or waking more after previously sleeping well.

It was the HV that said drink is ok, said to give him kettle water as we all needed more water. I have him on mineral water with apple hipp baby, showed it to her and she said it was fine. says from 4 months on. No citrus fruits I read though. He does wake in the night now for feeds more. Used to sleep right through. I will get something and it will probably take till he is 6 months anyway. If he dont like it then i will stop and try again a week later and on. I say he may not take to it for a while anyway if I do it slow enough.

Good luck, baby rice is the easiest to digest for them :D

Remember to take into account growth spurts hun. Sometimes it blows over. See how he goes.

its all so confusing this, you read one thing someone else tells you another and the HV is telling you totally the opposite. I would like to try him once to see. Then leave it a while a try him again in another while. Dont want to shove it down him yet.

I'm gonna try Finn with a teaspoon of baby rice next week too. Good luck with that. The HV told me over 17 weeks is ok, as long as you start really gently if they are only just over.I feel pretty good getting to 17 weeks as Finn is so hungry.

She said if you get to 6 months you can dive right in with purees and such, but not when they are little. Goodluckx

Niamh has always been in the 0.2%. As long as he is happy, healthy, plenty of wet nappies, and not dropping weight consistently then he is fine. Don't worry about the numbers. My HV has done some real damage to the way I care for Niamh by following her advice in regards to trying to et her to gain weight. It doesn't matter at all as long as the above is fine.

He may not be sleeping through as the 4 month growth spurt is the biggest one, and takes the longest to get over.

I'm gonna try Finn with a teaspoon of baby rice next week too. Good luck with that. The HV told me over 17 weeks is ok, as long as you start really gently if they are only just over.I feel pretty good getting to 17 weeks as Finn is so hungry.

She said if you get to 6 months you can dive right in with purees and such, but not when they are little. Goodluckx

At 6 months, he'd be fine with actual food, not just purees as his digestive system is fine to handle it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->