Does High Progesterone correlate to twins?

faith037

Reaction score
Hello, first time poster here. I'm 38 years old, had a miscarriage in July 2018 and was advised that we should try again right away due to my age. We were successful and I got a BFP at 10DPO!

I had levels checked at 14 and 16 DPO.
14dpo - 184 HCG and 89.2 Progesterone --This is very high progesterone for so early.

16dpo - 474 HCG.

I do not have an US scheduled until 10/12 when I would be 6w4d. Google is pulling up either multiples or molar pregnancies for high Progesterone.

Has anyone here had this high of Progesterone with a single healthy baby?

Your HCG is pretty close to mine at 16dpo and I know I'm only having a singleton pregnancy (I went through IVF and FET). I don't know about progesterone levels correlating to twins but based on everything I've read, your HcG would be MUCH higher. I hope that helps.

Following for an update.
Your levels are fairly close to what mine were for this pregnancy and I'm having twins.

FX'd for a lovely scan!

Thanks for replying! I just finished a year of breastfeeding my now 12 month old right before getting pregnant, and I've heard twins are more common after bf and.. I'm 38 years old. Did the doctor see you were having twins at your heartbeat scan appointment? I will be 6 weeks 4 days at my scan.

Your HCG is pretty close to mine at 16dpo and I know I'm only having a singleton pregnancy (I went through IVF and FET). I don't know about progesterone levels correlating to twins but based on everything I've read, your HcG would be MUCH higher. I hope that helps.

What is FET? Congrats on your successful pregnancy!

I have a history of recurrent miscarriages and am followed pretty early on. I had my first scan at 6+3 where we saw both babies with heartbeats.

Ooooh following too! You do meet some of the markers for twins! How exciting!!!! :headspin: My progesterone was on the higher end too..... wondering the same as you!!! Anything I’ve read online mostly mentions hcg, very few articles about the progesterone! Let us know when you find out!! :flower:

Ooooh following too! You do meet some of the markers for twins! How exciting!!!! :headspin: My progesterone was on the higher end too..... wondering the same as you!!! Anything I’ve read online mostly mentions hcg, very few articles about the progesterone! Let us know when you find out!! :flower:

I'll definitely keep you all updated after the scan. I agree with you, everything I find online is about HCG levels in early pregnancy. It is hard to find anything on progesterone levels for single baby vs twins... except I find charts of "normal" levels for each trimester. Mine is normal for late second or third trimester. Either way, I'll be happy with a healthy pregnancy but I'm hoping it is just a great level for a single baby! :flower:

My hcg at 14dpo was 221 and progesterone was 207. I found out I'm having fraternal twins.

My hcg at 14dpo was 221 and progesterone was 207. I found out I'm having fraternal twins.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
Oh wow, so elevated HCG and progesterone might mean twins. eek. How far were you at your first scan where they saw them? how far when you heard the heart beats?

How far along are you?

Omg! Congrats on one healthy little one!!! Thank you for the update!!!

Ah I just realized you’d written back to me a few weeks ago! Still getting used to this new bnb layout and hadn’t seen it! About 6 weeks - getting scan this Thursday - will let you know what they see :headspin:

Had scan yesterday - just one in there as well - even with the high progesterone!!!

Congrats on your pregnancy!
Oh wow, so elevated HCG and progesterone might mean twins. eek. How far were you at your first scan where they saw them? how far when you heard the heart beats?
sorry i didnt see you reply with the new update, i was just shy of 4 weeks pregnant when I got my blood results, we saw them and heard hb at weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->